Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Order by Random not random!

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 7 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by chrisH-10 vor 7 Jahre, 7 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel
macyspress-random-issue-home.png
macyspress-random-issue.png

I am trying to:
Show the three images on the home page in random order.

I visited this URL:
hidden link

I expected to see:
On each refresh (or at least occasionally) see the top three image tiles change order or be swapped out. There are four items in rotation.

Instead, I got:
Same order every time. (screenshot)

Other observations:
This happens on the wpengine.com host on staging (debug info source) and in production. This works on my VPS with is cPanel/LEMP. On all servers the config is the same (screenshot). The issue would appear to be WPEngine caching, probably object cache as other updates appear on the home page, BUT wpengine says staging has no caching!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Could you please check that is random order is enabled on your wpengine server.
=> hidden link

That was it. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.