Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Next and Previous custom links for CPT is not working as expected

This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 24 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Cesar vor 4 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel
Captura de pantalla 2019-04-25 a las 10.50.50.png

I am trying to replicate the solution posted here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/display-wpv-post-next-link-and-wpv-post-previous-link-as-raw-html-link/

I use the same code on function.php and have tried to use the Custom code snippets from settings but got an error (see screenshoot)

The code is now on function.php and seams to work but it is not. In the following example we expect to get 12 post but when using the post navigation shortcode we can only navigate through 4 post

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Archive with 12 post
hidden link
First post, navigate with the arrows to see that only 4 post are listed
hidden link

Does the code still run or is there something wrong with my site?
*EDIT*
I've try to use the native function from the theme in a single.php and got the same error for CPT so the problem come from my CPT. I have 3 CPT and all have the same issue.
Post nav on regular Blog post work as expected:
hidden link

Thanks

I hope you can access now, sorry for the issue. Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 3.35.20 PM.png

Hi Cesar,

I was able to access the site now but not the login page.

See screenshot as this is the error i'm getting.

Thanks,
Shane

Shame on me, I'm so sorry for that. I totally forgot to disable all the security tweeks. Please forgive me, you should be able to access now.
Sorry!
Have a great day

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cesar,

Not sure I understand the pagination issue fully because from what I can tell it works fine.

It navigates to the next post in that CPT.

Is it that you're saying that the navigation isn't following the same order as how the posts are listed here?
hidden link

Please clarify for me.

Thanks,
Shane

The issue you describe does also matter to me but the one that really concern me is the one described in the previous message.

I understand is not easy to understand, neither it is to explain it 😉

To replicate follow this steps:
===========================

1. Go to the main page for the CPT
hidden link

2. Count the number of post (AKA 12 post for this CPT)

3. Go to the first post

4. Use the arrow > to navigate

5. Start counting how many post you can navigate until there navigation stop working

6. Compare the number of post and the total count of the posts you were able to navigate

From my side I can only navigate through 4 post but there are 12 post in total. This is the error that really matter to me

=================
Of course I would love to be able to navigate by post name and not by ID and also would love to be able to respect the search query when navigating from post. But I will ask for help in another ticket for those topics. Right now the only thing that I need is to be able to navigate from Post-1 to Post-12

Thanks again for your help!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cesar,

I understand the issue now.

It seems to be an issue with the custom code itself not getting all the information.

Might I recommend using these shortcodes.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#vf-554769
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-next-link

They should be able to provide you with the previous and next post link.

Please let me know if this can work for you.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for your answer,

Your solution will not solve my needs as I wont be able to customize the format of the output.

Anyway I already tried this way and the problem persist. There is no way I can see every post when using the post navigation.
You can see it by yourself:
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cesar,

I tried creating my own custom pagination with the default wordpress pagination functions and still the same issue.

Can i make changes to this site as I see fit ? I want to try changing the theme to see if this has any effect. You should get all the 12 posts through the pagination.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this.
Thanks,
Shane

Please, let me prepare a clone so that you can do whatever you may need. I will let you know asap the new url
Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cesar,

Thanks i've enabled the private fields for this .

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cesar,

Currently testing your code on my localhost to see what the result is if it will actually go through all the posts that I have.

Will update when I can.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cesar,

In my testing of your custom shortcode it works perfectly fine.

I tried taking a look at the test site again but it seems to be down.

Could you check on this for me and let me know so that I can continue checking on the issue there since it works fine on my end.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.