Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Nest Shortcodes in Custom Template

This support ticket is created vor 9 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 Antwort, has 1 Stimme.

Last updated by ethanO vor 9 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Author
Artikel

Hello:)

I have shortcodes that my theme uses that look like this:

[tab]
[tab_item title="ADD TITLE"]ADD_CONTENT_HERE[/tab_item]
[tab_item title="ADD TITLE"]ADD CONTENT HERE[/tab_item]
[/tab]

I have tried adding those shortcodes into my custom template, both tabs show but only the first "tab" is clickable and the second tab is not clickable.

I tried wrapping the "tab" shortcode in "types" but still the same behavior. Wondering if I am missing something? I have not created a custom field for the "tabs" shortcode as I am not sure how or if I need to do that in order to use it properly.

Also, I am using a WordPress Review plugin that allows for shortcodes so ultimately I am trying to put shortcodes within shortcodes within shortcodes.

In theory I guess it should look like this, is this right though, and is Toolset able to interpret this:

[tab]
[tab_item title="Overview"] This is a description of a business where I will be using [wpv-post-body view_template="None"] [/tab_item]
[tab_item title="Reviews"] [WPCR_INSERT] <-----Shortcode provided by Review plugin [/tab_item]
[/tab]

Thank you! 🙂

Think I got it resolved. I changed to 2013 default theme. Changed back to my theme, disabled all of the Toolset plugins and re-enabled them one by one. And now the tabs work! Nested shortcodes are working within nested short codes.