Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Multi Language content template

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 18 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by Jamal vor 2 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Artikel

Hi guys,

I'm developing brokerage listing site. You can check the current development here:
hidden link

It will be multisite, multilingual and multi user environment. Main site will be corporate site and every subsite will be one office with dedicated agents from that area.

My questions is, can I somehow depending on the site language (English or French) load different areas of the content templates. For example, if I'm on the EN site, I want to redirect buyers to EN contact form and if I'm in FR site, I would like to have ability to redirect them to FR contact form. I need this because I will have two different NDA's depending on the language.

Please check this screenshots:
hidden link

Can this button (that block) have different link depending on site language? How can I accomplish that in content template?

I need something like this:
if lngv = EN show this block with link to EN NDA
if lngv = FR show this block with link to FR NDA

I know how to use WPML string translation module, but I can't translate links there.

I'm not sure if I need to ask this in WPML support or here.

Thanks in advance

Sasa Vidakovic
Deal Studio

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Französisch (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Short answer: Yes, you can definitely build it with WPML and Toolset.

Long answer:
Depending on how you are presenting the NDA, the implementation may be different.

Most likely, the contact form will be on a page, and pages will be translated by WPML. So, the contact page will be translated by WPML. The form too. If you are adding a link to another page where the NDA is, that page will be translated too. If you are adding a link to a pdf file, that is stored in the Media library or in a Toolset custom field, you will still be able to translate it with WPML and provide a different pdf for the different languages.

If you provide more details on how you intend or you will build this, I might give accurate advice.

Hi Jamal,

thanks for your quick feedback. I think we didn't understand each other. My question is, can I create multilingv content template. Please check this following link:

hidden link

I have button with predefined link inside of that button. How can I change the link inside of that block, that conditional block depending on the language choice.

That say, my link is now: /ottawa/nda/ and it will always be /ottawa/nda/, no matter what language I choose.

Can I say: if lngv EN show link /ottawa/nda/ if lngv FR show link /fr/ottawa/nda/

Or, how can I create multilingual content template?

Best regards

Sasa Vidakovic
Deal Studio

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for the screenshot! I understand better now. You want to translate a hard-coded URL in a Visual Composer button widget, inside of a content template.
Please follow this article to translate the content template https://toolset.com/course-lesson/translating-views-content-templates-archives-and-forms/

If the button URL and title do not appear in the WPML translation editor, complete the translation, then copy the following file in WPML->Settings->Custom XML Configuration(tab), then save the content template again and translate it again.
- hidden link
- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/overriding-language-configuration-files/

If that does not work for you, or if you get stuck, please allow me temporary access to check your website closely. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Both String Translation and Translation Management are required to translate Toolset content. I am afraid you have to fix the existing String Translation issue before proceeding further.

Well, regarding Translation Management, you can configure the translators and the translation managers in WPML->Translation Management. The first time you visit it, it will ask you to configure it. Then you can manage translation managers and translators in WPML->Translation Management->Translation Roles(tab). Check this article https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/working-with-translation-managers/

And check the Translation Management documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

Regarding the usage of the Broadcast plugin and Addon, I can't really tell. You should probably ask the plugin's authors about the integration with WPML too.
Keep in mind that WPML will keep links between translations on the same site, in special WPML tables. So, I don't think syncing the posts' translations from one site to another will be smooth, it may create inconsistencies. Or it may need custom code to make sure that the original and translation posts are correctly linked in the target(broadcast) subsite.

The credentials are working for me and I can see a couple of content templates created using WP Bakery. Can you tell me which one you are working on? And what URL or link to the NDA is located? Some screenshots may help.

However, for support rules, we are able to handle only one issue at a time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also helps other users to find all the information here exposed. For that reason, I have to kindly ask you to open a new thread if you need assistance with any other issue or request.

Ok, thanks Jamal. Both plugins are now activated and enabled in Network Admin mode. I have question for you. If we want to use translation module as we have used so far, without any approval from translation managers, is this the right option to choose?

hidden link

After this, I turned off this option
hidden link

We want to have same ability as we had before. To go to pages / posts / custom post types and simply add new or create existing French pages / posts / custom post types. We really don't need those Translation managers roles. Just please confirm that this approach will work for us.

For content templates, most important now are the Posting and Broker content templates, as they will have multi lngv option. First priority is Posting content template, as we need that NDA link translated. Please keep in mind that this needs to be changed only in subsite (/ottawa/). That sad you can use this links:

/ottawa/nda/
/ottawa/fr/nda/

Thanks again Jamal, I know this is a lot information.

I'm available for any further questions, comments

Best regards
Sasa Vidakovic
Deal Studio

Jamal
Supporter

I am sure that we will get very confused if we try to discuss too many things on the same thread. It would be better if we focus on this one thread on one issue and get it cleared out.

I could not find the link that you are looking to translate in /ottawa/nda/
Can you provide a screenshot?

What mode of translation are you familiar with, or were you using?
- Using translation editors(Classic or Advanced editors).
- Manual translation. Editing each translation in WordPress screens as you would create or edit posts/pages

Let's focus on this ticket on how to translate the link that you are wanting to. And we can discuss anything else in another ticket. Please provide clear steps on what you do or want to do:
1. I go to xxx
2. I do xxx
3. I expect to have xxx
4. Instead, I get xxx

Hi Jamal, here it is

What I want to accomplish
===
Create multi language content template for Posting custom post type in multisite environment, BUT only for subsite Ottawa. I do not need that for Corporate site. Just for Ottawa sub site. When this content template is created for English and French language, I can change by myself that button from /ottawa/nda/ to /ottawa/fr/nda.

STEP 1. hidden link
STEP 2. hidden link

Summary
===
I just need clear explanation how to translate custom post type content template.

I hope this is short enough

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it

Best regards
Sasa Vidakovic
Deal Studio

Hi Jamal, I didn't receive any feedback from you? Can you please help me with this issue?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Jamal is on Vacation. He will get in touch with you as soon as he will get back to work.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello and my apologies for the late reply.

I just need clear explanation how to translate custom post type content template.
Please follow the first section of this article https://toolset.com/course-lesson/translating-views-content-templates-archives-and-forms/#translating-toolset-elements-yourself

If you get stuck at any steps, please share a screenshot, or record a screencast of your manipulation, so I can continue from the point where you get stuck.

Check the following articles about translating content built with WP Bakery:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/
- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/maintaining-wpbakery-page-builder-compatibility-with-wpml/

A content template is just a post from a hidden custom post type, so, it will follow the same process for translating posts.

Hi Jamal, sorry for my late response, thanks for those links, there were helpful.

I have manage to translate content templates and all forms. I still have some minor issues as content template is not completely translated. I'm out from my office today, I will give you full feedback till Monday, if that is possible. Let's please leave this thread open till then. I have some additional questions about how to translate toolset views.

Again, thanks so much for help, it is really appreciated

Best regards

Sasa Vidakovic
Deal Studio

Jamal
Supporter

Hi and thank you for this feedback. I am glad I could help.

I am setting this thread as waiting for your feedback, which should keep it open for a couple of weeks. You should receive an email notification before the system closes it automatically.

However, for support rules, we are able to handle only one issue at a time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also helps other users to find all the information here exposed. For that reason, I have to kindly ask you to open a new thread for your views translation questions and keep focusing here on your original question. You can ask for me in your next ticket, so other members of the team will assign it directly to me.

Hi Jamal, I'm back, sorry for my late response. Here is what I need help with. I have managed to translate everything excpet this one thing, please check this video:

hidden link

I did search that also in string translation area, but without any success.

Thanks in advance

Sasa Vidakovic
Deal Studio

Jamal
Supporter

My apologies for the late reply, but I do not work on Wednesdays and Thursdays as you can see on my profile page https://toolset.com/forums/users/jamal-b/

Unfortunately, the provided credentials are not working for me anymore. I tried SFTP access in order to update the password using a script but they were not working for me too. Please reset the password for me and test it in a private window to make sure it is working. I am setting your next reply to be private.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.