Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Membership access, allowing multiple roles (memberships) per user

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 1 Monat. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by henrikG vor 7 Jahre.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

Hi this is just a friendly request.

Last year in october I posted a question about allowing multiple user roles to a user within access.

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-add-a-user-account-to-a-custom-role-in-access/#post-447780

A membership site needs to be able to grant access to posts belonging to a membership, and a user can get multiple memberships, which actually creates the need to be able to apply multiple roles to a user.

This is not possible in Access. But is this on the TODO list?

Until then I will have to continue to use a dedicated membership plugin.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Henrik,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately our plugin doesn't have this functionality but I was able to stumble upon the plugin below.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/multiple-roles/

Could you try this and let me know the results.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane.

I know Access does not support multiple roles / user. Thats why I created the friendly request 🙂

You have a tutorial on wp-types website:

https://toolset.com/learn/create-membership-site-wordpress-using-toolset-plugins/

But in order to be able to build a real membership site, you need to be able to apply a "right" to a user upon purchase of a specific product.

And if you use Access you can only control access by linking a user role to a content group. But this is too limited to really being able to use Access for a membership site.

Because a user can purchase product a, b and c.

Each product grants him rights to a specific membership which in access terminology is a user role.

But since multiple user roles are not possible in Access, you can't have a granulated access / membership configuration with Toolset Access.

So really it is a feature request in order to be able to build membership sites where a user can have multiple memberships.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Henrik,

Thank you for the clarity.

I've checked on our request system and this has already been requested however there is no ETA to when this will be available .

Thanks,
Shane

Hope to see it soon then, because it is limiting the usage of Access.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.