Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] ‚Masked‘ URL

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to attach a link to his custom field text using the link that is in another custom field.
Solution:

To do this please follow the structure below.

<a href='[types field='my-url-field' output='raw'][/types]'>[types field='my-text'][/types]</a>

This should help.

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 2 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Ljuba vor 6 Jahre, 1 Monat.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

Is it simple way to add 'masked' url (except to using WYSIWYG editor link button)?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

When you refer to a masked url you're talking about a url like this -> hidden link correct?

If so then you can create a URL field type and then add the URL there.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Editor_Link_02.png
Editor_Link_01.png

No, this is "URL Shortener".

It is visible on several places in this link hidden link, where is:

- Coordinates: 2°11′S 79°53′W (Coordinates: is Title, to not mix terminology and numbers are "masked text" with link "hidden link)")

and other example is

- City 344.5 km2 ('City' is again Title and '344.5 km2' 'masked text' for link "hidden link)")

a) So, Toolset URL field can possibility only to place link as it is (without masking) and URL hidden link) will be displayed as hidden link)

b) In WYSIWYG editor, yoou kan click on link icon and isert one value for link itself (hidden link)) and other value for text (so, here = 344.5 km2).

ATTACHMENTS
- First picture is WYSIWYG editor simple link/text insert box.
- In second is how it appear ‘masked’.

Hopefully, I was clear, as maybe my poor English caused misunderstanding.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I understand what you are trying to achieve but when you use the "masking" as you describe it, you'll have to do it when you're displaying the contents on the frontend, so it would look like this.

<a href='[types field='my-url-field' output='raw'][/types]'>[types field='my-text'][/types]</a>

You can also create another custom field to hold the text that will be attached to the url as you can see in the example above

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks, That is exactly the answer what I'm needed.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.