Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] JS to use unique element ID within a View’s Loop output

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem: I have a View of posts where I would like to add some custom JavaScript. In each result, I would like to add a click event handler. I would like to pass the value of a custom field into that click event handler.

Solution: Use a unique identifier in each result to create a unique HTML ID attribute. Pass the current post's custom field value into the click handler using a parameter set to the custom field value.

<input type="text" value="[types field='code'][/types]" id="DiscountCode-[types field='promotion-id' output='raw'][/types]"></div>
<button onclick="myFunction('DiscountCode-[types field='promotion-id' output='raw'][/types]')">Copy text</button>
This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre, 8 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Alan vor 4 Jahre, 8 Monate.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Artikel

I have a View that displays a custom post type for coupon codes.
The content template is set up with a button to trigger a modal, using "promo ID" field to make each modal ID unique, like this:

<!-- Trigger the modal with a button -->
<button type="button" class="btn btn-info btn-lg" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#myModal-[types field='promotion-id'][/types]">Get Discount Code</button>

Within the Modal that pops up, I have a text input that displays the actual promo code, and I want a button next to it for the user to copy the code to their clipboard, like this:

<input type="text" value="[types field='code'][/types]" id="DiscountCode"></div>
           <button onclick="myFunction()">Copy text</button>

The JS to copy the text looks like this:

function myFunction() {
  /* Get the text field */
  var copyText = document.getElementById("DiscountCode");

/* Select the text field */
  copyText.select();

/* Copy the text inside the text field */
  document.execCommand("copy");

/* Alert the copied text */
  alert("Copied the text: " + copyText.value);
}

from the main View output, all of the modals pop up correctly, to reflect each post.
The problem is the copy text function - it only copies the text for the FIRST ITEM IN THE LOOP.

My query therefore, is how to make the ID of the text field unique, or more specifically, how to get that unique ID in the JS code?

I'd like to change the id of the text field to the unique [types field='promotion-id'] - but then how do we use that in the copy function (where it currently uses the static iD "DiscountCode".

thanks
Alan

My query therefore, is how to make the ID of the text field unique, or more specifically, how to get that unique ID in the JS code?
I think you could use the promotion-id field to make the ID of the text field unique. I suggest you always use the output='raw' attribute in code like this. Then to get that unique selector into the JavaScript function, the idea is to use a dynamic parameter, set to the unique ID:

<input type="text" value="[types field='code'][/types]" id="DiscountCode-[types field='promotion-id' output='raw'][/types]"></div>
<button onclick="myFunction('DiscountCode-[types field='promotion-id' output='raw'][/types]')">Copy text</button>

If you change the ID, make sure it adheres to HTML standards - i.e. it should not begin with a number, should contain alphanumeric characters, etc.

function myFunction(textid) {
  /* Get the text field */
  var copyText = document.getElementById(textid);

/* Select the text field */
  copyText.select();

/* Copy the text inside the text field */
  document.execCommand("copy");

/* Alert the copied text */
  alert("Copied the text: " + copyText.value);
}

Absolutely brilliant Christian, thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.