Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] It would be nice to disable rows/content fields rather than always delete.

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by benH-6 vor 6 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Artikel

When working on the layout, it would be nice to have the option to disable rows, or more the content of rows. Instead of just a delete option there could be a "disable" option. This way a complicated view, or maybe a visual editor field could be retained on the page layout, for future use, rather than removed entirely.

For content fields placed using shortcodes, it seems like this could be accomplished fairly easily with conditional HTML. Just add a false condition wrapper around any content fields you want to remove:

[wpv-conditional if="('1' eq '0')"]
  [types field="my-field-to-hide"][/types]
[/wpv-conditional]

This way the code remains intact, but the field is not output until you update or remove the conditional. This would work in any Content Template, Visual Editor cell, View Loop, or post content.

For entire rows in a Layout, you could use a CSS class to set a row as hidden. For example if you use Bootstrap, the "hidden" class applied to a row will hide it from View on the site:
hidden link

Thanks Christian, that would work for some situations nicely, but I was more suggesting something in the UI like a "disable this content". (a bit like Panels does in Drupal I guess) . It was just an idea.

I don't think this is something we will take on right now, because there are several other ways to accomplish similar results. We offer the ability to easily duplicate a Layout or copy the source code into a new Layout, so a complex Layout can be saved for later if necessary while you remove content from the original Layout. Conditionals, created using the GUI, can easily be used to "turn off" content fields. In the past, our developers have decided not to take on feature requests that would give users the ability to conditionally display entire rows or grids. I'll make a note of your request though, so if other users begin to request a similar feature we can reevaluate the possibility of including a way to disable parts of a Layout using the GUI.

OK, no worries, was just an idea. I know it was something I found very useful with panels, and despite all the methods you list, and I use, seems like it should be there to me. No biggy though.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.