Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Integrate or build my own recipe plugin

This support ticket is created vor 8 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Iris Maier vor 8 Jahre, 11 Monate.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.

Author
Artikel

I have a blog with recipes and for now I use the plugins Ziplist and EasyRecipe. Is there a way to build such a thing with the Toolset? Especially how do I make it as good for SEO as those plugins do and is there a way to make such a printer friendly pdf button? Or do you think it is better to stick with one of these plugins? But what if I want to build a theme for others? It would be a bit odd to say: hey this is my recipe theme, but you need to buy Easy Recipe for a nice printable recipe in your blogposts...
Here is an example of Easy Recipe plugin: hidden link
And here one with Ziplist: hidden link

Dear Iris,

Simple plugins can be included directly in the theme. Move them in the theme folder and include them from the functions.php file.

However, you can build something similar to easyrecipe with Toolset, but the integration with ziplist would require some custom programming.

I found some information here, you should ask them:
hidden link

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

Thank you Caridad for your reply! Why is that Ziplist is harder to implement, is it because of the connection with hidden link?
And where can I find information about how to create a print button that makes a printer friendly pdf of the page or part of the page, I mean with Toolset?

Dear Iris,

Its harder than installing a plugin. You will need to find the right place for adding the code and connect to the getlist API interface. I cant say much more because there is no documentation, this is what I could find on their site:

How To Get Started
It's easy to get started. Just send a request to mobilesdk@ziplist.com regarding your interest in using our technologies to enhance your website or app.

About PDF’s, Views can help you rendering the page, but converting this to PDF is task that needs to be done by an specific application or your server or a third party service.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

Thank you Caridad,
I sent them an email and I got this answer: Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any themes with WordPress built in nor do we have the bandwidth right now to share the APIs that may be required to build our technology into a theme. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful right now.

So I think it will be easier to use Easy Recipe and try to build that into the theme. i know it is done before with the Genesis Foodie theme (hidden link), so it must be possible:-)

About the print button, I found this and I think that will do the job: hidden link

But if I can implement Easy Recipe, I won't need that.