Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Improve compatibility with Woocommerce fields

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 3 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Minesh vor 6 Jahre, 3 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

Hi, as the title says. The main point of improvement being:
when adding a WC country field to CRED --> the cred field should be a default country select field, not a free text field. Woocmmerce (or mainly other applications that use this country info, like UPS) won't validate/recognize the input if not correct written (most make mistakes to free fields; mainly language-related mistakes)

Until that is solved: is there a way to generate by hand in the code a select list of the necessairy countries, in such way that it will be recognized? Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - as I understand, could you please confirm that you are talking about the "billing_country" field and where you are using country field, with CRED post form or CRED user forms?

Hi, that's correct Minesh: billing_country - used with cred user forms.
Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Well - there is no such feature exists to sync WooCoomerce fields with CRED form but there is a way I can show you that may help you.

You should add CRED generic select field - Generic select field accepts JSON as source:

For example:

[cred_generic_field field='billing_country' type='select' class='' urlparam='']
{
"required":0,
"validate_format":0,
"default":[],
"options":[
{"value":"USA","label":"1"},
{"value":"UK","label":"2"}
]
}
[/cred_generic_field]

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/inserting-generic-fields-into-forms/

So, to generate dynamic options for generic select fields, you can use view's to generate the JSON output and assign the view's shortcode to generic select field "options" attribute:

Check this related ticket that may help you:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-use-a-shortcode-instead-of-options-for-cred-forms/

Hi Minesh,

"Well - there is no such feature exists to sync WooCoomerce fields with CRED form "
--> well that's strange cause i did so already before i wrote this topic, even according your own instructions at some other topic of another user, and it works fine.
Only thing is that the user input field is not a select but free text field; and that countries must be written by their two-letter official country code...

So i'm going to try your solution above instead, hope that solves it!

Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I may guide you with solution before but what I mean to say is there is no automatic sync feature available. I may guide you with same process and if you have that solution handy you should follow the same process.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.