Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] images no longer resize

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by filipV-3 vor 7 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

until recently, rizing of images worked great; now they're always showing full size.
[types usermeta='vendor-logo' width='270' height='270' align='center' resize='pad' padding_color='transparent' user_is_author='true'][/types]
Not just in 'archive template for producers', but also when using the shortcodes in widgets.

I'll give you access and url's in secure post. Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I used same shortcode for testing with same image size:

[types usermeta='profile-pic' alt='dubai_uae_buildings_skyscrapers' title='dubai_uae_buildings_skyscrapers' width='270' height='270' align='center' resize='pad' padding_color='#dd3333' user_is_author='true'][/types]

As you can see here - it's showing the correct image size.
hidden link

In order to find possible cause of the issue:
1)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

Please try to check your issue with only Toolset plugins + Default theme.

2)
Could you please try to delete the browser as well as server cache.

3)
If you are uploading the image using custom urls:
Could you please check settings under:
=> Toolset => Settings => Custom Content Tab

Where under section "Images":
- you can find checkbox "Allow resizing of remote images". Could you please activate that check box and save your settings and try to resolve your issue.

Hi, sure it works at you, it worked at me as well earlier.
I didnt mention but i already tested with(out) other plugins and such, that's not the issue here.
Nr3 also didnt help.
The only thing what could have made the difference from our side, is change of server. I'm not totally sure, but it's possible that this problem occured after we moved the site to the new server.
Hopefully it brings some ideas to you!
If you'd like access, please allow secure data post. Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

1)
Please share problem URL.

2)
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Shane
Supporter

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Philip,

I'll be handling this ticket as Minesh is currently on vacation.

We maintain a strict policy when it comes to 1 issue per support thread but i'll try to handle these issues.

1. Update Problem.

I believe this is because of your host. For further details on why this is occurring would you mind providing me with a copy of the php log file for that server ?

2. Image resize problem.

I noticed that you are running php version 7.0.12 and it could be that the php-gd module is not enabled for this. Could you check with your hosting provider and let me know.

3. I would rather a new ticket for this one as it could become very involved and would be better handled as a separate ticket.

4.Could you send me a screenshot of the area you are referring to ?

5. On my mobile it renders perfectly fine, i'm not sure what's happening but could you provide me with a screenshot of what it looks like on your end ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

1- is indeed server related. I 'solved' it by adding this to my functions.php
//adjustments to wp-includes/http.php timeout values to workaround slow server responses
add_filter('http_request_args', 'toolset_support_http_request_args', 100, 1);
function toolset_support_http_request_args($r)
{
$r['timeout'] = 400;
return $r;
}

add_action('http_api_curl', 'toolset_support_http_api_curl', 100, 1);
function toolset_support_http_api_curl($handle)
{
curl_setopt($handle, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 400);
curl_setopt($handle, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 400);
}

--> but to really solve it, i should ask the server guys exactly what to do or install? (curl?)

2- that was indeed the issue! I switched back to php5.6 and now it works good. I'll ask them to install that php-gd to the other php versions as well, thanks!

3- can we erase the 4 other issues and get on with just this issue, instead of creating a dumlicate ticket? 😉

4- that archive page as a whole (minus the sidebar). I'd just like to know how to link the logo's the same way as i linked the text beneath the logo's - I just can't find it out.

5- i'll open a new ticket for this one later on!

Thanks Shane!
Filip

Shane
Supporter

Hi filip,

Happy you were able to solve a couple of the issues at hand.

Would you mind providing me with a link to the view/content template that is rendering this page ?

I tried searching but was unable to trace it down.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

if we're talking 3:
- template for procuers: /wp-admin/admin.php?page=ct-editor&ct_id=1777
which gets its content from /wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpcf-edit-type&wpcf-post-type=producer
and the post fields created for that Post Type
- Come&See section in woocomm tabs: /wp-admin/admin.php?page=views-editor&view_id=1546&ref=dashboard

if we're talking 4:
/wp-admin/admin.php?page=ct-editor&ct_id=1769

Hope i answered your question 😉
Thanks,
Filip

Shane
Supporter

Hi Filip,

Actually these are the views but i'm not able to find the [types][/types] shortcode that should render the WYSIWYG field under the Come & See tab.

This is actually what i'm looking for .

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
alright, you couldn't possibly find that cause it's written in the functions.php file!
function woo_new_product_tab_content() {
// The new tab content
echo do_shortcode('[wpv-view name="comesee"]');
}

That's from a code from WC itself to add extra tabs. We used that before on other sites as well without any problem.
Hope that helps!
Filip

Shane
Supporter

Hi Filip,

Thanks I believe I was able to identify the issue.

It seems your theme has some css styling that is removing the elements and the bullet points for the ul.

Could you try switching themes temporarily and see if the issue is still there.

Thanks,
Shane

hi Shane,
i switched to another theme (2016) but because of the massive css/php tuning on the original theme, it didnt show even the woo tabs in 2016.
But in this theme i tried bulleting on a different woo tab and indeed it doesn't show there either, so yes that theme should be at fault...

So i guess we can call this closed (i feel a bit silly that it's a theme issue) and i'll ask those remaining issues of the original topic in another ticket.
Thanks!
Filip

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.