Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] How to show other Child posts with the same Parent tags?

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author
Artikel

Hey Waqar,
Hope you had a great weekend.

I don't think my current View parent-child structure works like how you described.

Taking this for example - hidden link
The parent tag is Fitness. But the results is just showing 3 eventhough Parent results is limit to 4 while Child is limit to 1.
P.S: We have way more than 3 results with parent tags "Fitness".

In regards to the layout, I`ll try to work it out myself. The most important right now is the number of results which I'm still trying to understand.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

This screenshot with some extra debug information should help.
hidden link

The line '++ fitness, personal-care-services, teaching-training ++' on top shows that the review post "Personal Trainer – Shari Zisk" has a parent career post (Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors: Salary, Job Description, How To Become One, and Quiz) with 3 tags: 'fitness, personal-care-services and teaching-training'.

This means that the parent view "(CAREER REVIEW) Related Posts" will get 4 career posts, where these tags are found.

And the next debug line shows that it brings these 4 career posts:

1. Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors: Salary, Job Description, How To Become One, and Quiz (ID: 461708)
Tags: fitness, personal-care-services, teaching-training

2. What Do CrossFit Coaches Do (ID: 546562)
Tags: fitness

3. What Do Pilates Instructors Do (ID: 545938)
Tags: fitness

4. What Do Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers Do (ID: 462007)
Tags: lodging, personal-care-services

Now, the first 3 career posts have a related review post, so 1 review post from each of them is showing. But the 4th career post doesn't have any related review post, which is why the total review results in the final output are limited to 3 and not 4.

I think the main point that is causing confusion here is that you're expecting results from only 1 tag "fitness", but in this case, the parent career post (Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors: Salary, Job Description, How To Become One, and Quiz) has two more tags (personal-care-services and teaching-training).

I hope this makes it more clear.

Thanks for the explanation.

How can we show multiple reviews of the same tags? For example, we have a lot of reviews with the parent post "Fitness Trainers" but it is only showing one.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

In the child view "(CAREER REVIEW) Related Posts Child", the limit is set to display only 1 item.

To show multiple reviews from the same tag, you can increase that limit to the number of reviews that you'd like to show.

Ah yes, I understand now. Thanks for your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.