Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] How to modify H1 title in a Content Template?

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by Luo Yang vor 2 Jahre, 11 Monate.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to modify the H1 title used in one of my Content Templates. I'm looking to add an additional text to it for SEO purposes and this text will appear in all the posts with that Content Template.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 07.20.53.png

You want to mix the title pulled dynamically with some additional static text?

Sounds like you should use the Inline Field option to insert the dynamic title (rather than the normal dynamic sources option in sidebar), so that you can mix dynamic and static text.

You can do that with the Toolset Heading block, but it would also work with the core Heading block, plus those of many 3rd party blocks, too.

Hello,

Please let me know if you still need assistance for it.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not using Gutenberg to create the template. Is there an alternative way? Btw, I'm not sure if this is relevant but I'm not adding the H1 tag in the Content Template. It is getting pulled via the Theme.

That depends on your theme files, you need to locate theme file for outputting the post title, edit it, find and edit those PHP codes for post title, change it to what you want.

You can check it with your theme author.

How about editing the H1 tag for a specific content template? Will this be the same process as what you described?

Within Toolset content template, you can setup the HTML codes manually, for example:

<h1>[wpv-post-title] here add your extra text ... </h1>

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-title
Output’s the current post’s title.

Yeah, but the post will then have two H1 tags. The one generated by the theme and the one we just created via the shortcode [wpv-post-title]

You can remove the one from your theme file by editing and remove the PHP codes as I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-modify-h1-title-in-a-content-template/#post-2063885

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.