Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] How to display the single name for a taxonomy

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:

Display single term with the shortcode [wpv-post-taxonomy]

Solution:

You can create a taxonomy view to replace the shortcode [wpv-post-taxonomy], for example:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-display-the-single-name-for-a-taxonomy/#post-1100219

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 7 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Luo Yang vor 5 Jahre, 7 Monate.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel

Hi there.

I am trying to figure out how to display the taxonomy term but in singular presentation.

I am currently using this: {!{wpv-post-taxonomy type='equipment-category' format='name'}!} to pull the category name but it's coming out plural, which is great in most every place but I also need to display it as singular (within conditional formatting) on a page. eg; Bull Dozers For Sale --- is good but I also need it to 'Bull Dozer' 🙂

I feel like I should already know how to handle this but I've looked and looked and can't find how to do it. 🙂

* I just went looking again (I do not like putting in support requests. I know you all are busy). And I just realized that I could put the singular term in for the description, and pull it out that way but when my client goes to add more, it's going to create a mess.

Thanks for any help with this.

Hello,

You can create a taxonomy view to replace the shortcode [wpv-post-taxonomy], for example:
Create a taxonomy view,
1) query terms of taxonomy "equipment-category",

2) in section "Order by Limit and Offset", display only 1 item

3) filter by
Taxonomy is set by the page where this View is inserted

4) And display the term's title with shortcode:
[wpv-taxonomy-title]

Thank you, sir.

You are welcome

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.