Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] How to check if a post has a related post

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
Can we somehow check if a post has a (one) related post, and display or hide content based on whether the post has or has no related post?

Solution:
Yes, you can take 2 approaches:
With Blocks or with ShortCodes.

Further details here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-check-if-a-post-is-in-a-specific-relationship/#post-1606811

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by alexG-4 vor 3 Jahre, 11 Monate.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Artikel

I have a CPT "Web Properties" and a Post Type "Feed Source" created by WP RSS Aggregator.

I have a 1-1 relationship: 'Web Properties' - 'Feed Sources'

In the context of a specific Web Property, I want to check whether it has a Feed Source related to it.

I can find no documentation nor any support ticket about this.

I tried this:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-post-slug].item(@web-property-feed-source.child)' ne '' )"]
[/wpv-conditional]

without success.

Do I need to write a shortcode?

Alex

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-30 um 16.26.36.png

Using ShortCodes you could use the Conditional / If button in any text editor to add the condition.
Since you simply want to check if a given post (current) has any related posts, you can check on the "related" Post ID with "if is empty/not empty)
This will produce something like:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-post-id item="@your-relationship.parent"]' eq '' )"]This post has no related post[/wpv-conditional]

Above would display "This post has no related post" when the post ha no related post, and nothing if there is a related post.
By changing the "eq" to "ne" you can invert the condition and output things when there are related posts, and nothing if not.

Using a Conditional Block instead, you can do the same but you'd never need to edit ShortCodes.
(I've added a screenshot of that setting)

Thanks Beda - I've got it working now.

Originally, I used

'[wpv-post-slug].item(@web-property-feed-source.child)'

(see above) which DID NOT work, but

'[wpv-post-slug item="@web-property-feed-source.child"]'

DOES work

I found the [---].item .... syntax somewhere on the forum. It appears that it is not equivalent to the [---- item=....] syntax.

Are there any circumstances where it's correct to use the [---].item.... syntax?

Alex

Yes, the first syntax you share is simply not valid: it seems manually constructed.

There is no such syntax as you use in the first example because there the ShortCode closes already before the actual attribute:
It cannot work like that by definition of a ShortCode

The syntax produced by the GUI is the right one to use.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.