Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] How can I show a custom page when Access denies read permission?

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 2 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 8 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Nigel vor 7 Jahre, 1 Monat.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

I am trying to: Display a login page when a guest tries to view a page with Access read permission denied

Right now I have it embedded in the content template of each page but this is difficult to manage.

When I go to Access and try to choose what to show I only have these options:

- 404 page
- show page template
- none
- media template

I don't even know what "media template" is. It's not any of my content templates or layouts, and it's not a page template in my theme (toolset starter). Right now it's set to the 404 page but that's not what I want to use.

How do I add a custom login page so that I can use it as the access default?

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 6.32.25 PM.png

Here's what the dialog looks like

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 07.48.31.png

Hi Ashleigh

Thanks for showing the dialog, that helps, as you are seeing a different dialog than I see on my local test sites.

I note that you haven't updated to WP 4.7 but I see something slightly different both on a test site with WP 4.7 and WP 4.6.1.

See the screenshot. I don't see a list of page templates, I'm offered to choose from my Content Templates (and I could create one specifically for the log in).

You are using the same up-to-date versions of Access and Types, which makes that hard to account for.

Can you please check on a minimal install if you see the same or if the dialog changes to match that which I see? So switch to a default theme (such as twentysixteen), and disable all non-Toolset plugins and re-check.

What do you see then?

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 1.10.35 AM.png

The only change I see is when I deactivate Layouts, I get the content template option. That's no help, though. Layouts is vital to my site!

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ashleigh

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, I haven't forgotten about this.

I see the issue—that with Layouts active the options are limited to an error message or a 404 page—and I'm just waiting on feedback from colleagues about if there is a possible workaround.

I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ashleigh

It turns out there is a new feature coming in the next release of Access, 2.2.3, which when you have Layouts active will allow you to assign a layout in place of assigning a Content Template, so you'll be able to add your custom login content to a dedicated layout.

I don't have a release date, but it has gone through testing and so should be published soon.

In the meantime you could direct users to the 404 page and create a layout for the 404 page (if one doesn't already exist) and add your custom login content there (bear in mind that it will be shown for 'real' 404s as well).

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ashleigh

I'm just updating the status of this ticket to Fixed in Next Release for tracking purposes so I remember to update you when the new version is published and you can check if it meets your needs.

Okay, that sounds good!

I do have my 404 page set up but I'm looking forward to the release.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ashleigh

Just a quick update to say that updates to the main Toolset plugins, including Access 2.3, are intended to be published after the weekend when testing is completed.

If you could then update your plugins and re-test to confirm the issue is resolved and let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.