Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] How can I remove the title attribute from Views pagination?

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by Joff vor 6 Jahre, 11 Monate.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Artikel

I would like to remove the title attribute from Views pagination, is this possible?

What title attribute do you mean?

Can you illustrate exactly what kind of pagination you use?

The only paginations including a title attribute are the dots and links paginations.
Those are not removable, as it's hard coded.

Hi,

It's the pagination output by

[wpv-pager-nav-links]

If these are hardcoded can a request to change this be raised? It looks like best practice is to now avoid using title attributes: hidden link

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Joff

Beda is currently away, and he liaises with the developers about Views feature requests, so I will leave this in his queue to handle when he returns.

I would just observe, though, that having read the article you linked to my understanding is that the issue is that the title attribute on links serves no useful purpose and is only harmful inasmuch as if you add meaningful/useful content to the link title it will be unused. And if that is the only place you add that content it will be inaccessible.

That's not the case with the pagination links because the title attribute simply reproduces the anchor text, which effectively means nothing gained but no harm either.

In that case, were this to be accepted as a request I expect it would be a low priority feature that may not be implemented for some time.

Hi Nigel, you're right - it's a non-issue in this case! So no need to look at any solutions after all, thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.