Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] How can I create fields for an URL which is fixed, not editable by user?

This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre, 6 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Nigel vor 4 Jahre, 6 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

How can I create fields for an URL which is fixed, not editable by user?

Hi there from Germany,

I created a custom Post Ty for Teams. On the Elementor Template for this single CPT I added three Buttons, which need a path. I easily could set up 3 URL Fields for URLs for the buttons and use it dynamically.

But I do not want anybody to be able to change these paths under "Teams", as it is used for Layout matters. So the question is how can I hide these individual fields or make it not editable for standard users?

Is there any way to do so?

All the best from Germany

Jörg

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Who is "anybody"?

They have access to editing Team posts? They have access to editing the Elementor template?

You say that you "could" make the buttons dynamic. So, that's optional? Meaning you can just add fixed URLs to the template?

In any case, if you are using Access you can put these custom fields within their own Custom Field Group, assigned to the Teams post type, and the go to Toolset > Access Control > Types Fields and specify which user roles are able to edit those fields.

Presumably an administrator would be able to, and some other role which is allowed to edit Team posts should not be able to.

Hi Nigel,

Thx for your soon reply.

I am Creating Webpages for local soccer clubs.

Each club has different teams (my CPT), of course.

In my Template I want to link to different pages, but these pages are different for each team (actual team posts, galleries). So in my opinion it makes sense to create a field for each of the different paths. But another user of the Backend should be able to edit all fields except these fields for the paths.

The buttons in blue on this page for example: hidden link

The only solution seems to be for me to hide these field for paths somehow. Am I right?

any suggestions?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Yes, so in that case you should go ahead and control this with Access settings as I described.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.