Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Google Map Stopped Showing Addresses on View

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 13 Antworten, has 4 Stimmen.

Last updated by weixiag vor 7 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author
Artikel

Hello all,

I am one of the sites using the Google.cn/Maps fix, if that is relevant. When adding new places in our city directory, data is not displayed on the front end map anymore. It seems like new places are not being added into the Views maps cache either even though on the backend the maps autocomplete can find and save the address with no problems.

I'm not sure how to proceed. I tried contacting Google Maps, but they don't offer useful support without a premium plan. Could it be that our site has exceeded the Maps limit? Our API is not being registered correctly, which I believe is a known bug since the release of WP 4.5+.

Edit: On my localhost installation, maps are being displayed correctly on the front-end, which means that most likely my server is having problems connecting to the maps servers either due to exceeding a limit or a faulty server configuration. I just changed the server's web-admin platform to Serverpilot right before this happened, but haven't seen anything being blocked in the logs and I am able to ping the maps domains without problems.

Thanks!

google maps test.jpg

Quick Update: I also uploaded a simple html page with a map on it without using an API key just to test if Google Maps was blocking my server, and it showed up correctly. Not sure if that helps because it isn't on WordPress.

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be offering better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

I see the map here: hidden link

Where can I reproduce that issue?

Have you updated anything?

That's the only page the map works on. It does not work at any of the other links I provided

I hope posting this doesn't bump me to the back of the line, because this feature is hugely important for our site's operation, but I did some initial debugging and would like to share the info with you so we can save each other lots of time:

I was able to duplicate the problem with a copy of the site on my localhost. I disabled all plugins except toolset and still could not get this to work. I even downgraded to WP 4.4.3 but still nothing.

I then switched to an earlier version of my site and everything was working fine again. I even upgraded to WP 4.5.2, upgraded all plugins, and used the newest version of functions.php and it was all still working. I don't know what stopped addresses from being cached and displayed, but hopefully that info helps...

Would also appreciate it if we could send more than 1 message a day if it is something really little like the message you sent today. Thanks!

Hi George,

This is Mohammed from Toolset second tier support team.

I just wanted to inform you that Adriano is off today. Please wait and he will get back tomorrow to follow with you.

Thanks.

To further debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally. For this I'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. If you prefer to do it on your own, you can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

Duplicator instructions:

hidden link

Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).

IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

UPDATE: Fixed the problem but have no clue why it worked. Here's what I did:
Go to Toolset->Settings->Maps

Erase the Maps API field (if there is one)
Add a custom map marker image (anything)
Turn off Maps
Turn on Maps

I also went to Toolset->Settings->Forms->Other and 'Delete all Users Draft', but I doubt that had anything to do with it... Maybe

I guess a combination of this reset the map markers because the lat/long data wasn't being sent to Google in the first place. I wonder if this will happen to someone else after they migrate to another server.

Will keep this open for the time being.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I couldn't reproduce it locally.

OK. Closed then

i tried this and still couldn't get markers to show

Hi Adriano
could you please help me on the same issue?
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cant-get-map-marker-to-show/
can you message me about how the Coordinate cache should work (where is the php that does the saving to cache, where is the cache, is it file or database cache, is there any permission requirement) maybe i can debug and proceed further

thanks and regards

on dashboard Add new post page, when i enter address into address type field and successfully resolved Lan. and Lon., should these coordinates be added to the store/cache immediately?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.