Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Getting wpv-search-term

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 Antwort, has 1 Stimme.

Last updated by zoeS vor 7 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Author
Artikel

I am trying to create a sort of hacky front end orderby effect (I know it's not a feature of Views yet) by creating a list of links under the main search filters. These will each start by reconstructing the current search parameters, and then will add the orderby parameter at the end.

Here is a sample URL with parameters (line breaks added for legibility):

/your-search-results/?
property-price_min[]=200000&
property-price_max[]=1000000&
wpv_aux_current_post_id=2864&
wpv_sort_orderby=post_date&
wpv_sort_order=desc&wpv_view_count=594&
wpv-property-type=chateau&
sale-or-rent=sale

And here is what I am trying to do with it:

<a href='/your-search-results/?
wpv-property-type=[wpv-search-term param="wpv-property-type"]&
property-price_min[]=[wpv-search-term param="property-price_min"]&
property-price_max[]=[wpv-search-term param="property-price_max"]&
sale-or-rent=[wpv-search-term param="wpv-sale-or-rent"]&
wpv_sort_orderby=field-wpcf-property-price&
wpv_sort_order=desc'>
Order by Price (high to low)</a>

But as yet none of the parameters are being filled. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong please, or if actually I have completely misunderstood wpv-search-term? Thank you

Oops no sorry, seems to be working now. Not even sure why. Think I swapped the single and double quotes around.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.