Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Getting parent post ID sent to user custom field upon Post CRED form submission

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
2 CPTs: book, reco-book and book is parent of reco-book
1 CRED form to create a new reco-book positioned on the book post
I am trying to use cred_save_data to record the book parent post id of the reco-book post created through the form into a repeating custom user field named recommended-book-ids.

Solution:
Please use this updated code:

add_action('cred_save_data_160', 'jln_add_book_id',10,2);
function jln_add_book_id($post_id, $form_data)
{
$user_id = get_current_user_id();
$parent_id = get_post_meta($post_id, '_wpcf_belongs_book_id', true);
add_user_meta($user_id, 'wpcf-recommended-book-ids', $parent_id);
}
This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 7 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by julienL-5 vor 6 Jahre, 7 Monate.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
Artikel

Please note this is a different problem but a follow-up on this thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/assigning-parent-posts-on-a-cred-form-based-on-author-as-current-user/

Context:
2 CPTs: book, reco-book and book is parent of reco-book
1 CRED form to create a new reco-book positioned on the book post

I am trying to use cred_save_data to record the book parent post id of the reco-book post created through the form into a repeating custom user field named recommended-book-ids.

Here is the code I am using:

{
$parent_id = get_post_meta($post_id, '_wpcf_belongs_book_id');
}
?>

Every time I just get a blank field created and I can't figure out what is wrong 🙁 I have tried to use $post_id directly instead of the $parent_id variable defined here, which works but of course records the reco-book id instead of the book id.

Would you be able to point out where I am wrong?

Many thanks!

Best,
- Julien

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Julien,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. Please remove the code you have added, and use this updated code:

{
$parent_id = get_post_meta($post_id, '_wpcf_belongs_book_id', true);
}

If still issue persists, then I need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your staging site.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the [CRED Form] Edit Screen and [Page] Edit Screen where you have inserted this Form.

Thankyou

Many thanks Noman, that's working perfectly 🙂 I thought the "true" was optional but I was obviously wrong 🙂

Many thanks!

Best,
- Julien

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.