Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Getting Field Description to display in CRED form

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
How can I display the Field Descriptions added when new custom fields are created (in Edit Post Field Group) to CRED?.

Solution:
This description is intended as a Backend Description.

It will not appear in your CRED Form

You can add a description in the CRED form itself when you create the form.

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by chrisR-14 vor 7 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Artikel
no-field-description-in-CRED.jpg

I am trying to:
Display the Field Descriptions added when new custom fields were created (in Edit Post Field Group).
I want to display some/all in the CRED form I've created to add content.

I visited this URL:
Looked at CRED preview for my form
Searched through documentation and forum - couldn't find anything

I expected to see:
The description ... as a note or tool-tip

Instead, I got:
Just the field name & input items

This description is intended as a Backend Description.

It will not appear in your CRED Form

This is to have a particular description in your backend and another in the Front-end.
You can add a description in the CRED form itself when you create the form.

If you wish, I can ask the Developers if it is possible to automatically add the Description as a part of the CRED Form, but this would be considered a new feature.

Thanks for the quick response Beda.
It might be a useful addition to the CRED form - I'm sure I'm not the only person who would like to have this sort of information added when a CRED is automatically created ... save so much work!
Thanks,
David

Hi Beda
I've placed the description text (shortened) into the 'placeholder' input - saves editing the form and space on-screen!
Regards, David

Seems like there should at least be an option to display the field descriptions in the CRED form, especially when you're using front end submissions. This way you can just enter the field description at the time of field creation, not later on when you're creating the form.

Also, the helper text in Edit Group form suggests that the description field will be displayed if you enter text into the box, which makes it a little confusing, it says "this optional text appears next to the field and helps users understand what this field is for". Sounds like it would be displayed in the forms when you read that.

Is there a short code to display the description in the form? Or can one be created?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.