Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Getting a result to show on the front end

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
How to use layout to display single post

Solution:
You can use the Layouts to display single post content.

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/getting-a-result-to-show-on-the-front-end/page/2/#post-613287

Relevant Documentation:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/#layouts
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/create-templates-to-display-custom-posts/#creating-templates-with-layouts

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 1 Monat. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 20 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by BarryS9673 vor 6 Jahre, 1 Monat.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

Hi,

I do not work on this software often enough to remember all the time so i have to keep coming back here to refresh, but I think what i have done is correct, let me explain.

I have created Types called "Coach Holiday Types"
I have created Post Fields and applied them to the group "Coach Holiday Types"
I have created a Content Template and called it "Coach Holidays Listings Template"
I have then added that listing to a Page with the shortcode, however my one listing I have created is not showing on the front end.

So I am not sure what I have done wrong.

hidden link

I think I may have figured it out, I setup a VIEW and then added the loop, this will be the listing page, the link then will go to the full listing page with the info relevant to each listing, however it is showing on a blog page, how do i show it on a default page and not a page with a sidebar.

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I see you are using wrong way to display your content template.

I see that Layouts plugin is active on your site so basically you should create a new layout and assign this to your page and add content template cell to display your content template.
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/content-template-cell/

Please note that Layouts will replace only content (body part) of your theme, It does not replace whole page. So If sidebars are not part of your content, you need to find a way to hide the sidebars but I need to know which theme you are using.

Tell me something, is layouts just a feature to lay the content of the page out or is there more to it, because idf this is the main function of it i think it will be easier to lay pages out using the grid and my own design.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - here is the info that will guide you when you should use Layouts and when you should use content template:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/when-to-use-content-templates-instead-of-layouts/#when-to-use-content-templates

Layouts is a kind of page-builder using which you can build your page and is a combination of multiple cells. Here is more details:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/benefits-of-templates-for-custom-types-layouts/

Thanks, I have had a look at the templates and cannot figure it out, when i start creating cells, I do not see where i can select my post fields and add them to that template

Minesh
Supporter

You can create Cells with Layout. You should create content template cell and select your existing content template (which you already created) and set it to display.

Here are the steps you need to follow:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/content-template-cell/#creating-layouts-as-templates-for-post-types
OR
If you want to create layout for specific page:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/content-template-cell/#displaying-fields-of-other-content

I can look at those links all day and yet none of them tie into what I see on screen. Do you have any videos that show?

Minesh
Supporter

I can help you - you want to display the content template with the following page - correct?
=> hidden link

Could you please share name of your existing content template which you want to display with Layouts - please make sure, as I informed you before that it will not control sidebars but your content area.

I understand, currently I only have one Template created which I am using for the full detail page (hidden link) which doe snot appear to be shoing the content., I am using Coach Holiday view to show on this page (hidden link)

Minesh
Supporter

Well - the two link you share with me where one link is belongs to single post of custom post type "coach-holidays-type" and another link is of default post type "page" and it's also a child page.

Now, could you please tell me what information you want to display where in order to resolve any confusion.

As I understand - You want to display single post "bath-christmas-market" information of post type "coach-holidays-type" to the child page "coach-holidays-wales"?

Hi,

hidden link
On this page there will be all the listing for Coach Types, this will be the entry page so the user can see all the different types of holidays, i will eventually also have a filtering system on here. This page will have limited info as I currently have

When you click on the link on that page above, it will take you to a page that has all the info related to each holiday in types.
hidden link (Example). This page will have all the info. Now I am OK creating the page templates with Views, I am more curious as to how the Layouts feature works. This page also does not appear to be working and I assume this has something to do with layouts, so it would be nice to see how layouts will work on this page. Not sure my theme will support it.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - what I've done is:
- Edit your layout
- selected all 12 columns so it will allow show you popup that will allow you to add your desired cell
- I chose content template cell and selected content template you already created
- save the layout
=> hidden link

And now, I can see it's displaying the content on your single page:
=> hidden link

Thank you, I have had a brief look but what I can see is it looks like you have basically added a Content Template within a Layout Template, is this not just creating an extra step to think about.

I cannot see the value of the layout template over the Content Template

Excuse my ignorance, I like to understand logic.. 🙂

OK, I see what you have done by choosing the template I did, but can I ask you, could you show me how you would create this template without using my template, but perhaps using each individual Post Field within the Layout Template. That way I can see how you add for example my Type image, name,. Price etc in different sections.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.