Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Force Strong Password in User Forms

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem: I would like to see password strength meters in CRED. WordPress offers a way to use their password strength meters, and it makes sense that CRED would offer the same feature.

Solution: A feature request to implement these strength meters has been submitted to our developers.

100% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 6 Antworten, has 5 Stimmen.

Last updated by Christian Cox vor 4 Jahre, 3 Monate.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Artikel

Hi Toolset Team

I appreciate Toolset as the most invaluable tool to build up to quite advanced webapps on top of WordPress and admire the great job you all do.

But something I think is really missing or just got lost is the enforcement of password strength in the Registration-, Login- and Password recovery form.

The presented Quick Solution in the Support Forum to auto-generate a password and sending it via plain text email simply isn't an elegant solution from a present day security point of view.

The scripts for a password strength meter are included in WP since 2014
https://code.tutsplus.com/articles/using-the-included-password-strength-meter-script-in-wordpress--wp-34736

Maybe also an extension for registration and login with social media accounts would be a plus in 2018 as well as maybe a form builder overhaul to bring it halfways on par with the different free form plugins wouldn't hurt.

But so far I would be very happy if I could build simple secure user forms with Toolset.

Best regards and keep up the good work 🙂

Hi, I can see how this would be useful on a CRED User form, though not so much on a login or password recovery form. I'll pass this ticket to Beda, who handles feature requests for CRED and Views. He will evaluate your request and follow up with you soon.

This should currently be possible using custom code:
https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/42596/how-to-use-wordpress-default-password-strength-meter-script

But I don't think this is something that is out of the scope of Toolset CRED, even if it is subject to many preferences and complex styling possibilities.

I think we could at least add the scripts and some generic fields to make this process much easier when creating the form.
This way you may also have more power over its styles and workflow.

The request is added. I hope we will implement this soon.

Hi Beda and Christian

thanks for your reply's 🙂

hopefully this will make it into the next updates in one way or the other and help positioning Toolset as the cornerstone to build complete advanced web-apps on top of WP.

Best regards, Peter

i support this request, will be very useful,

I would also like to see this

Hi Oliver, since this ticket was created there has been a change in the process for submitting a feature request. Comments in the forum are not easily analyzed or tracked for this purpose, so I encourage you to submit your request in the designated feature request form: https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/
Submissions from this form are sent directly to our management team, who will then evaluate those requests and make decisions about which new features to include in upcoming Toolset plugin releases. Thanks for your input on the password strength indicator!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.