Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Force password change

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 1 Monat. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by martinB-16 vor 3 Jahre, 1 Monat.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Artikel

I have a registration form in which the password is generated automatically. The password will then be sent by email.

How can I get the password to be changed when I log in for the first time?

Hi, there's nothing exactly like this built-in to the software. There is no easy way to test whether or not a User has changed his/her password from the automatically generated password. I suppose you could try to work around this with a custom field somehow, like if you set a value of 1 in a custom field when the User registers, then set the value to 0 when they submit an Edit User Form. In the site, you could test the value of that custom field and display an Edit User Form instead of the site content. But even that isn't foolproof, as there is no easy way to test whether or not the User changes his or her password in the Edit User Form - they could change other information without changing their password, and that would update the custom field value.

So the short answer is there isn't a good solution for that problem, but you could try some alternatives to force the User to submit an Edit User Form.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.