Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] for Beda – getting started

This support ticket is created vor 8 Jahre, 2 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 23 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Beda vor 8 Jahre, 2 Monate.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Artikel

I think I solved the issue on the home page, it is due to the template that has been allocated to that page, I will leave it there for you to see, but if I change it to have no template and onoly the wordpress one, then it is gone, so I assume within time unless my design covers it, I may vreate a home page template.

Another question.

In Types I have created

1. Courses
2. Management and Leadership

These will contain course listings. Under pages I will then create a Courses page and a Management and Leadership page, that way I can allocate the relevant courses to those pages. Howveer I am not sure how to get the courses appear on only their relevant sections and not on both sections.

1. You use a theme that disables your WP Admin bar, that makes it impossible to find the backend of a certain page from the front end.
It's bad for development.

Anyway, this is the backend you are looking for:
hidden link
That's where that dummy content comes from.

2. Great Job!
I see you got the turn with Views 😉
Imagine how long you would have coded PHP to create such a List!

The View looks clean, clean and over-viewable output, clean HTML and semantic.

3. There is a difference in Views, Content Templates, Layouts and Templates added by the Theme.

- See here the difference from Views to Content Templates:
https://toolset.com/faq/whats-the-difference-between-a-view-and-a-view-template/

- Content Template replace ONLY the_content()
If the theme adds info like Title, authorship, date of post, etc, outside of the_content() then you can not overwrite this with Content Templates but need Layouts.
https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/the_content

- Templates provided by your Theme are usually hardcoded templates, like "Page with 2 Sidebars" which is available in your Page's editor > Page Attributes.
Layouts enables you to create the same sort of Templates, but without the need of Code and by drag and drop.

- Content Templates are only styling the_content(), not the ENTIRE Page
- Layouts and Theme templates do affect the ENTIRE Page

4. To filter/search.

One is Views Parametric Search.
You can "search" the content (content and post title) or Custom Fields / taxonomies and post relationships.

Another possibility is the WordPress default Search function or a 3rd Party Plugin.

But With Views you will be able to create amazing, to-the-point search forms:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/

Please do not hesitate to open a new thread if other issues or problems arise

Thank you for your patience.

Perhaps if you do not mind would you help me solve this one.

Another question.

In Types I have created

1. Courses
2. Management and Leadership

These will contain course listings. Under pages I will then create a Courses page and a Management and Leadership page, that way I can allocate the relevant courses to those pages. Howveer I am not sure how to get the courses appear on only their relevant sections and not on both sections.

You mean, how to show Courses on the Courses PAGE and Management and Leadership on the relevant Management and Leadership PAGE?

Create 2 Views.
One you already have.
Uncheck either Management and Leadership or Courses straight not he top of the settings of the View.

Then Duplicate the View and check the other (Management and Leadership or Courses)

Insert the proper view to the proper page.

If you check both (Management and Leadership and Courses) in ONE View, it will return BOTH post types.

Is this the goal you wanted to achieve?

Thank you

Capture.PNG

Yes it is, howveer when I alter the Page content for the Management one it doe snot reflect, what am I doing wrong?

When I do a scan I see that losting is applied to the template that is allocated to both Pages.

Capture2.PNG
Capture1.PNG

OK, so what I did was disable the template from both pages and allow it to use the WordPress template and it shows. So my question is, what purpose does the View template play in the scheme of things?

I also added the listings view to the template, is that the right thing to do or should I not apply views to Templates.

Could you explain to me what Taxonomies is basically

You can insert the Views ShortCode directly to a WordPress editor or, style the WordPress content of a post or page with a Content Template.

If you then insert the View into that Content template, you will see the same output.

If you don't, the theme you are using (if it's not Starter theme) is not using the_content() function to display content but a custom function instead that we can not control.

To know if this is the case, contact the theme author and ask if they use the_content() or a custom function, and if so, please let you provide that functions name.
Then follow this DOC to solve the problem:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/setting-view-templates-for-single-pages/ > Theme support for Content Templates

Taxonomies are like WordPress categories or tags.
You use them to categorize (label) your content.

It is helpful when you need to somehow differentiate your content that has the same type.
https://codex.wordpress.org/Taxonomies

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding the issue mentioned in this Thread

Thank you for your patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.