Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] FOLLOW-UP: Saving Logged-in User Selected Query Results by Checkboxing to a User

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 20 Antworten, has 4 Stimmen.

Last updated by Christian Cox vor 6 Jahre, 4 Monate.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Artikel

Minesh,

Thank you for stepping in to help finish this application. Christian was generously assisting on this topic. Please review precious thread(s) so I don't have to start all over again. We're almost there by specifying the "Logged" and "Level" user for their Wish List. Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I see here - where you see it prints empty <td> - no user specified:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/follow-up-saving-logged-in-user-selected-query-results-by-checkboxing-to-a-user/#post-593669

What you would like to print there, it will be great help if you can tell me bit flow your expected output with problem URL.

Do you not have access to the entire thread above that last reply? It's all there in the thread to this point. It's a Wishlist for logged in users from a search result item. See above to this point. Thanks.

Page View in the field <td></td> prints "No user specified". How does it know? How do we specify user type?
This should only happen if you visit the search page without being logged in. Your CRED form is set up to "Edit the current User" but a guest is not a logged-in User. That's why you see this side effect when you submit the form as a guest. In my local testing, the form functions as expected when I'm logged in. Please let me know if that's not the case for you and I will try to do some additional investigation on your site.

To use this feature a user must be logged in at a specific level or asked to login with level credentials to use the wishlist feature.
If you do not want a guest to be able to use this form (which will produce the side effect you noticed), you need to apply some sort of restriction to the page or the shortcode that inserts the form, or use Access to restrict guests from using this specific form. If you have additional questions about restricting form access, a separate ticket would be the best place to pose those questions.

Hey Christian,

Thanks for your response. I get it now...the humanity of it all. 🙂 I noticed the "No user specified" while logged in as administrator which set off an alarm in my head. I assume I must set access to include Admin as well, so I'll look at that. I also assume I must set the response for non-logged in user to something other than "No user specified" like "Log in to use this" or something in the CRED form.

Sorry for the dense logic on my part. Will double check everything and report my results and then close the ticket. Thanks again for all you have done to impart knowledge on this application. You are amazing!!!

Thanks, I'll mark this ticket as pending an update from you. No need to reply right now. The ticket will remain open for 30 days.

It works!!! Button now showing in the <td>[Submit]</td> while logged in. Rather not have the button or submit as the action item. Will now attempt styling the button as an on/off Bootstrap heart glyphicon and also create a table view for the Wishlist for that user. Not sure how to visually indicate added items in the search results View added to the Wishlist even after a page refresh.

Curious how to do a Pop-up link to view the Wishlist so logged in user can see a list of items on the Wishlist without having to leave the search results page. Any ideas or should I open a separate ticket referencing this topic?

Curious how to do a Pop-up link to view the Wishlist so logged in user can see a list of items on the Wishlist without having to leave the search results page. Any ideas or should I open a separate ticket referencing this topic?
Yes, please do open a separate ticket to address this issue. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.