Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Filtering custom post a in archive b

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 2 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author
Artikel

Hi,
I had on this site hidden link a filter working.
Now it is not working anymore. I don't know what changed.

This page is an archive from CPT 'artikelen'. It has a relationship with the CPT "antiquair".
I want to filter on Antiquair, but now I got this: Het attribuut url_param ontbreekt. ( url_param is missing)

This is what i have in the filter:
[wpv-control-post-relationship ancestors="antiquair@antiquair-artikel.parent" url_param="wpv-relationship-filter"]
[wpv-control-post-ancestor type="select" default_label="Antiquair" ancestor_type="antiquair@antiquair-artikel.parent"]

What is going wrong?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

In order to reproduce this on a test website and investigate, I'll need to see exactly how this post-relationship and the archive are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

During troubleshooting the "Materialen" archive, I noticed that the opening instance of the "wpv-control-post-relationship" shortcode for the relationship filtering field existed but its closing instance was missing.

I've removed the code for the existing relationship filtering field and added it again and it is working correctly now.

[wpv-control-post-relationship ancestors="antiquair@antiquair-artikel.parent" url_param="wpv-relationship-filter"]
<div class="form-group">
<label for="wpv-relationship-filter">[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Antiquairs[/wpml-string]</label>
[wpv-control-post-ancestor type="select" default_label="Antiquair" ancestor_type="antiquair@antiquair-artikel.parent"]
</div>
[/wpv-control-post-relationship]

Hi Waqar,

this is very strange, particularly when I use your trick on the other category pages
hidden link
and
hidden link

And is this not a sign of vulnerablity?

Waqar
Supporter

I can't think of any changes in the recent plugin updates which could result in changes in the content in the "Search and Pagination" section.

Also, we haven't seen any other reports about a similar issue, where the code for the relationship field filters got changed automatically.

It is possible that the shortcode "wpv-control-post-relationship" part in these archives was accidentally removed while making any changes in these archives.

You can manually fix these other archives the same way and feel free to report if you see any unexpected changes again.

Strange, after several times refresh and save, it worked for the rest of the archives.
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.