Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Filter CPTypes by custom taxonomies

This support ticket is created vor 8 Jahre, 6 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Oniromancer vor 8 Jahre, 6 Monate.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel
Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 01.39.20.png

I am trying to:
On the backend, set a filter from a custom taxonomy for a custom post type.

In the example attached image I have a Treasure cpt and I would like to filter the pages by jewels or gold, two custom taxonomies linked to treasure.

thanks

Dear Oniromancer,

Types provide another method to filter the posts by taxonomies in wordpress admin side, please try this:
Goto the wordpress admin side,
Types-> Custom Taxonomies, find and edit the Taxonomies,
in section "Options", enable the option "show_admin_column"

Then go back to the Treasure posts list, you should be able to see a new column with taxonomy name, you can click the term link to filter the posts.

Hi Luoy

ok I see. Is it possible to use this terms with the "filter" button at the top of the page?
Clicking the term link I can only sort by one word, while with the filter button I can make a more granular search. (for example filter jewels-gold of jewels-silver). With many images that makes a great difference.

thanks

Sorry, it is not possible within Types, currently you can try check out our certified partners for it:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

And I put it into our to-do list as a feature request, our developers will take care of it.

Sounds good. Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.