Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] filter category hierarchy

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 3 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 14 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Minesh vor 3 Jahre, 2 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

Hi,

i have a view of CPT with hierarchical categories (2 Levels) - Can i set the Filter to show the Parent Category of an Subcategory if its fiterable?

This is Filter of the View
[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="produktkat" type="checkboxes" format="%%NAME%% | %%COUNT%%" orderby="term_group" url_param="wpv-produktkat"]

here you can see the case:

hidden link

thx - best regards - alex

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I'm not sure yet what exactly you want. Do you mean that you want to display the taxonomy term parent with each subcategory? or you want to display terms in parent->child hierarchy?

Hi Minesh,

yes, i want to show the parent-Category-Name over grouped Subkategorie-Filter or display terms-filter in parent->child hierarchy.

can you help me?

thx - alex

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please send me access details so I can check how exactly you configured your view?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Unfortunately - the admin access details you send to me is not working at this end.

Can you please send me working admin access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Sorry but with the test site for which you shared the access details: hidden link

Where I can find the page which you shared with your initial post?
=> hidden link

I do not find that page.

oh sorry - the admin is on hidden link

and
hidden link

is "Produktfilter"

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now: hidden link

I've set your view's "Custom Search settings " to "Let me choose individual settings manually" and "Always show all values for inputs".

I can see now terms hierarchy.

Hey - oh nice - thx!

Can you tell me if i can hide emty subcategories?

Minesh
Supporter

With Custom Search Settings - either you can select " Show only available options for each input", that will only display the terms for available results and hence it will not display the parent category and that is why if you want to display terms hierarchy you will have to go with option ""Always show all values for inputs".

ok - what is a workaround? Can i add an class to empty Categories or can i do this with jquery? What do you think?

Minesh
Supporter

I think jQuery would be better solution.

I've added the following jQuery code to your view's "Search and Pagination" sections JS editor:

jQuery(document).ready(function($){

$(".children li:contains(0)").hide();

});

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_results_updated', function( event, data ) {
	/**
	* data.view_unique_id (string) The View unique ID hash
	* data.layout (object) The jQuery object for the View layout wrapper
	*/
  jQuery(".children li:contains(0)").hide();

});

Can you please confirm it works as expected 🙂

Hey Minesh - thats great! - Thank you very much!. - warmly, alex

Hey Minesh,

is it possible to do the Filter on my Productarchiv that i see only the Subkategories to Filter?
Here: hidden link

its a post you gave support -> here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/set-up-product-archive-with-filter/page/2/

best regards - alex

New threads created by Minesh and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/de/forums/topic/split-filter-category-hierarchy-show-only-subcategories-as-filter/

Minesh
Supporter

I've split the ticket with your new question as a new ticket, I will follow up on the following ticket:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-filter-category-hierarchy-show-only-subcategories-as-filter/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.