Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Feature Request : Post Type archive link in nav menu

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created vor 10 Jahre, 3 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 5 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by morktron vor 9 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Author
Artikel

Hi,
Types is an excellent plugin but i like to see in next feature the possibility to create link to post type archive in nav menu.

Maybe you can see this plugin :
http://wordpress.org/plugins/post-type-archive-links/

I prefer that you integrate this function in Types because it's boring to use another's plugins to get all functions 🙂

Agnes Bury
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Pacific/Midway (GMT-11:00)

custom-post-type-definition.JPG
types-archive-menu.JPG

Hi Jean-Paul,
thank you for your suggestion. It is just as well because I've been gathering together all Types future improvements and I will add yours to that list.

By the way, there is a way to add your custom post archive link to you menu without installing a plugin. You get the archive page by default when using custom post type slug as a part of your URL. See pictures below.

But you are right. The way you expect is more friendly and you don't have to "hardcode" the site's URL.

Thanks for your feedback. Important thing, when you use link to put manually for the url you'll get an error in the futur if you change the slug url in your custom post type and you will get a 404 error page in your nav menu.

Agnes Bury
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Pacific/Midway (GMT-11:00)

Jean-Paul, you are absolutely right. This is a example side effect of what I call URL hardcoding.

Good

Hi, any news on this?

I need it too. The plugin above doesn't work for me on Genesis, plus it doesn't support WPML.

Meanwhile I'll have to hard code the url 😉

Das Forum „Types Community Support“ ist für neue Themen und Antworten geschlossen.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.