Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Emails from Cred post forms not working

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:

Failed to send email notifications with CRED user form.

Solution:

It's not a Toolset or WordPress issue, they're being blocked elsewhere, most likely by the hosting.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 12 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by daveG-7 vor 5 Jahre, 11 Monate.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel

Emails aren't going out from my CRED Post forms when posts are created. They are working when I send a test, and from User forms, so the basic email system is working. The same forms were also working fine on the development server I had the site on previously - it's very possible it was the switch to the new server that caused the emails to stop working, but it seems very strange to me that the User Form emails are working while the Post Form ones are not. Any ideas as to what could be happening? I have checked spam for the missing emails - they're not there.

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please check these:

1) Edit the problem CRED Post form, make sure you are following our document to setup the email notifications:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/automated-email-notifications-with-cred/

2) in case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again

3) Enable PHP debug mode, submit the CRED form, copy and paste the debug logs here
PHP Debugging
In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

Thanks. I looked into if further with a WordPress email logging program, and the emails were being sent correctly, so it's not a Toolset or WordPress issue, they're being blocked elsewhere, most likely by the hosting.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.