Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Easiest way for admin to manage a single field (not a post)

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 7 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 Antwort, has 1 Stimme.

Last updated by zoeS vor 7 Jahre, 7 Monate.

Assisted by: Tia.

Author
Artikel

I'm kind of surprised I haven't comeup against something like this with WordPress before now, but I just can't seem to find a simple solution to what seems like a simple problem. I'm building a very straightforward site for a football club. The only information they will very regularly be updating is the most recent results, and the forthcoming matches for each of their teams, and I need the form for them to do this to be super easy to find, so not under appearance > widgets, or anything like that. The ideal solution would be to create a widget for it, and then to have that widget display on the dashboard, but I don't have the skills to do this, and it's just one piece of data, so a custom post type doesn't really make sense either. Is this something that CRED could be used for? Or have I overlooked a simple solution? Thanks!

Actually having thought it was way beyond me I have somehow ended up cobbling a plugin together that has an editable interface in a dashboard widget, and then displays the results in a standard widget in the theme. It would still be great to know if there was a simpler way to do this in future using Toolset, or at least one that didn't involve me coding, but if not, no worries as the problem is solved, thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.