Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Custom search field Taxonomy (wpv-control-post-taxonomy) wrong order

This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre, 4 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by jean-francoisB vor 4 Jahre, 3 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel
2.png
1.png

I am trying to: The taxonomy dropdown in my custom search page doesn't show the taxonomy in the order as it presented in the administration. I want the same ordering in my custom search page than the backend order.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The order presented in the file 1.jpg attached into the dropdown presented in the file 2.jpg

Instead, I got: A random order

Thank you!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

[wpv-control-post-taxonomy] filter shortcode offers you order and orderby options where you can adjust your orderby field.

As you can see with our following Doc, you can set the orderby option using the following options:
'name' (default) | 'count' | 'id' | 'none' | 'slug' | 'term_group'

You can see those orderby options when you will try to add/edit your taxonomy filter. Please check the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

More info;
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-control-post-taxonomy

Hi,

I tried your solution but whatever I put in the orderby parameter, I see no change on the dropdown order. This is the code I use :

[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="listing-category" type="select" default_label="ALL" url_param="wpv-listing-category" taxonomy_orderby="term_group" order="ASC"]

I not sure if term_group is the good one. Which one represent the order that I want (same order in admin category list)?

Thank you,

Jeff

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share admin access details so I'll have a closer look what's going wrong there.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details.

I try to login to wp-admin using provided access details but it told me email was not verified and when I clicked to resend the email verification link, it must have sent an email to you.

Can you please send me working wp-admin access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi,

Sorry about this. I just forgot to fully activate your account. Everything should be good now.

Thank you!

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now: hidden link

I've modified the filter to order by name that is actually default ordering.

[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="listing-category" type="select" default_label="ALL" url_param="wpv-listing-category"]

And with the "Custom Search Settings" section, I've set the option "Always show all values for inputs". Please check the following screenshot: hidden link

Can you please confirm it works as expected.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.