Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Custom image field size is not rendering properly, it displays full image

This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre, 2 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 9 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Chris vor 4 Jahre, 2 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

I am trying to display on a view a thumbnail sized image assigned from a custom image field, using this code

[types field='gallery' size='thumbnail' separator=', ' url='true'][/types]

but instead the thumbnail sized image I get the full size url.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

(at the bottom on the gallery section)

I expected to see:
the thumbnail size image url

Instead, I got:
the full size image url

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Chris,

Thank you for getting in touch.

This could quite possible be an issue with thumbnails itself on your site. Could you try using this plugin below to see if the thumbnails start generating ?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails-advanced/

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry no luck, I've installed an ran the plugin and no dice, what I did is that I created an image field on the custom fields named "Gallery" allowing it to have mutliple instances or the field, on a Custom Post Type Named Inventory I can add several different photos. on a single template I am running a

[wpv-for-each field="wpcf-gallery"]

to create a gallery but when I use this short code

[types field='gallery' size='thumbnail' separator=', ' url='true'][/types]

it renders the full size image URL not the thumbnail URL as I was expecting, I also tried with medium and large sizes but it always displays the full size image url.

Also notice that I don't think that is a thumbnails problem because when I add to a test page different sizes of the same images they display correctly.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Chris,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site to check on this issue in further details for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Chris,

It seems that something might be causing this because thumbnails do work.

The featured image thumbnail works so what I would do in a case like this is to temporarily disable the non-toolset plugins and try again with the thumbnails for the custom fields to see what happens.

Please let me know the results of this.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane - not sure what you mean by "the featured image thumbnail works"...

In any case, the problem seems to stem specifically from using the [types field] shortcode inside of the [wpv-for-each] and <wpv-loop>.

If we use the short code (below) in the body of a post where we have uploaded images, it responds as it should, showing the correct URL of the alternate size image:
[types field='gallery' size='thumb' separator=', ' url='true'][/types]

Otherwise, when placed into a loop it only shows the original image URL.

But to be extra vigilant, we did disable all the plugins (except for toolset plugins) and we still ran into the same issue.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Chris,

Thank you for running the tests for me and the additional information.

Would it be ok for me to grab a copy of the site to test here locally to see if changing the server environment would yield a different result ?

Thanks,
Shane

Sure - but it is a pretty massive site in terms of media library. What do you require from us?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Chris,

I dont have access to the plugins section of your site.

What I was going to do is to install the duplicator plugin and grab the copy of the site from there.

I've tried the repeatable image field thumbnails on my local test site and it works fine.

Could you install and activate the duplicator plugin for me.

Thanks,
Shane

It was NOT a toolset bug or problem, it was a conflict with a third party plugin that impeded Toolset from recording the image sizes when they were uploaded - the plugin was an image watermark plugin. We couldn't isolate the problem because it only occurred when the images were uploaded, so even deactivating the plugin wouldn't retroactively fix the problem.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.