Skip Navigation

[Geschlossen] Custom Fields and Roles

This support ticket is created vor 9 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by emerson vor 9 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Assigned support staff: emerson.

Author
Artikel

Hello,

It looks like this has been asked but not sure how to go about it. I have Types and Access.

I created a custom field group for a specific content type that is a business directory. This business directory will only allow users to submit certain fields based on their "membership level". For instance visitors can purchase a Bronze, Silver or Gold package. A Bronze package will only allow the submission of Phone Number and Address. Other top level packages will have more features like email, website address, long description, etc.

It looks like if I create a custom fields group it is applied to the entire content type which is logical. But I was thinking that I could restrict certain fields to a specific role?

ROLES
______

Basic (FREE) only allowed to input:

Phone Number
Address

Bronze only allowed to input:

Phone Number
Address
Email
Website url
Featured Image/Logo
Excerpt/Short Description

Silver Allowed to input:

Phone Number
Address
Email
Website url
Featured Image/Logo plus 2 additional images
Featured Image/Logo
Long Description

Gold Allowed to input:

Phone Number
Address
Email
Website url
Featured Image/Logo plus 5 additional images
Featured Image/Logo
Long Description
Social Links

Thank you for any advice.

Sorry if this has been asked before, was thinking this was possible with Access 🙁

Dear Ethan,
Thanks for the details. Let me think about your idea and will come up with suggestion on this tomorrow.

Cheers,
Emerson

Hi Emerson,

After hours and hours LOL of playing around I think I am almost there! I installed CRED and CRED Commerce and created custom forms for different "levels". Created the "products" in WooCommerce and the associated pages. Connected them through CRED and CRED Commerce. Created a Custom template associated with my Post Type which is "Listings" and looks like everything is going good!

I guessed I liked the UI of WordPress in the backend and thought it would be more user friendly for visitors to use the backend of wordpress and also have a profile, but that gets too involved because then you have to set up access roles, which looks like Access or something like members or s2member can handle. But Creds works just as well while allowing you to skip a number of other steps!

I have been able to create two membership levels now and working on creating the rest. Just need to style them now.

Not quite ready to mark this as resolved as might have some other questions... but think pretty soon we can mark it as resolved. I think a lot of other users now or down the road might need this as well. I would be glad to write a tutorial once this is finished. Or it maybe something the Developers can think about integrating into Toolset. 🙂

Toolset is AWESOME btw!!! A lot more people should be using it in my opinion. It is super powerful!

Thanks for a really great contribution to the WP community and the fantastic customer support. I will and am gladly supporting Toolset... 😛

Dear Ethan,
I'm glad to hear about your progress. You can read some tips on setting up membership levels here: https://toolset.com/learn/wordpress-classifieds-site/
It is using the Classifieds website example. It also illustrates how you can style them as well as other details. Please let me know if you have other questions on this. Or need help finding some documentation/reference.
Yes if you have written some tutorials, you can share it with us, we can published it as guest posts. See some details here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-training-course/part-1-building-forms-content-submission/
Thanks for the interest and compliments 🙂

Cheers,
Emerson

Hey Emerson, yeap.. I started off with the Classifieds site. I actually created a Demo that you allow and I took pieces from it.. That is what made my purchase the Toolset. Being able to create my own sites with your Live Demos really helped.. Still not there yet 🙁

Trying to figure out how to get Reviews and Sidebars onto my Custom Templates...

If you have an advice or documentation on that, that would be great. I have posted a question regarding reviews and have been searching for any thread I can find regarding shortcodes for sidebars to be able to be put in custom templates. I tried creating a shortcode through wp but not luck...

Oh, wow, and just went to the Guest Post page. That is great. I really wasn't expecting that... much more incentive now. I was just hoping I could help anyone else out if they were trying to do the same thing as me...

Dear Ethan,
Yes, no problem. thanks. Please let me know if you still have something to clarify.

Cheers,
Emerson

Das Thema „[Geschlossen] Custom Fields and Roles“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.