Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Custom field as pagination number in parent view

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Noman vor 6 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
Artikel

I have a view in parent post type(Dieta) showing child postypes harmonograms with pagination

I have a custom date in harmonogram post type and i would like to make a list of those dates with links (it seems easy i already created view in parent view) but they should link not to harmonogram item view but shoud be connected with pagination of harmonograms but in parent dieta view i dont want to redirect to given harmonogram post type view rather stay in the same view so what i need is to get links to pages where the post with custom date field is listed in parent view

hidden link
hidden link

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Kasper,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I would like to double check the requirements with you:

- Parent post type = Dieta
- Child post type = harmonograms
- Custom Date fields are added in each child post (harmonograms).
- And you would like to make a View that will list all the Dates that are setup and their link should go to the Parent post and parent View.
- And in the parent View it should go to the paginated page where that Parent post type is existing.

Is the above correct or we are missing something here (please add if something missing)? I have a feeling that this might not be possible but let's first confirm the details.

Thank you

only the linkining is different is should just go to page(pagination) where the child post is.

I will describe you more:

Diet consists of harmongorams paginated 1 per page sorted by custom date field in diet view (parent view) we have a paginated loop :

custom field date set to 1/07/2017 harmonogram1 this is on page 1 in parent view
custom field date set to 2/07/2017 harmonogram2 this is on page 2 in parent view

Now i would like to have links :
1/07/2017 -> going to page 1 parent view
2/07/2017 -> going to page 2 in parent view
and so on...

so dates working as pagination controls..like list of contents because there is always one harmonogram per page so we could substitute page nr 1 with custom date 1 page nr 2 with date 2

is it possible ? Now i am testing something else also a filter - calendar picker but i dont know if it works also with pagination ?

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hello Kasper,

Thank you for providing detailed description. Unfortunately, this is not possible using builtin functions and I have tried to look for a workaround but could not find anything matching to your case. Its may be possible using some custom code to make it happen and we cannot consult on the custom code as per the support policy. https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/

We have some recommended list of service providers here if you would like to take a look: https://toolset.com/consultant/

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.