Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Cteating multiple pages of listings

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by BarryS9673 vor 7 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

Hi,

I am hoping you can solve a dilemma I have, maybe I am just being dumb 🙂

I am busy developing a site that will list courses. Now the listing will not necessarily all appear in one long list on one page. I wanted to see if I can have a Type called listings...But when I create a new one, I would like to see if there is a way that once the New listing has been added there was a way to have that particular one appear under a certain section.

So lets say I have

Health and Safety
Management
Fire Fighting

Then I have courses that could appear under those sections. The full detail page will contain the same info for each course, but I want to be able to list each course under seperate top level pages.

OIf there is a better way then reply, if not please let me know and I will close the ticket, but I think what I need to do is create multiple types.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Barry,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

The listings can just be one Post Type and then have a taxonomy called listing type.

From this listing type taxonomy you can then separate your listings in the groups you had listed.

Then you can create 3 different views to display each listing type list 🙂

Please let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thank you for letting me know. Let me see if I can do what you suggest.

mmmm

OK, so I went to Taxonomy and created two of them and froim there i am lost. I am guessing I am missing something.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Barry,

What you need to do is create 1 custom taxonomy 🙂 then you add terms to that 1 taxonomy.

The 3 terms would be
Health and Safety
Management
Fire Fighting

Please let me know once you have done that as we can go through this step by step.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks for that, that helped, now the next step is having any of those Taxonomies appear on a specific page, so I create a bnew view and let's say this view is to show the Health and Safety ones, how do I dsiplsay only those ones on that page? This is where I am getting lost

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 10.36.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 10.35.51 AM.png

Hi Barry,

Great, so now we need to set the view to display taxonomies by going to the content selection section and selecting Taxonomy.

Next you need to select the taxonomy you wish to display.

Once you have done that just scroll to the Query Filter section and click "Add a Filter" then select Taxonomy Term. See screenshot

Finally you will select the "One of These" option and then select the taxonomy term that you wish to have that view display for. See Screenshot

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

output.PNG

Fantastic...now the next dilemma...When i output the loop it does not allow me to add the various fields. See my screenshot...So I assume I need to make a template, am i right?

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 2.29.48 PM.png

Hi Barry,

Awesome we are almost at the finish line 🙂

It seems I made a mistake in the instructions 🙁

What you need to create is a view that display posts and not taxonomies 🙂

The other steps are the same where you need to add the filter. See screenshot.

Change the view type to a Post view and select your custom post type and then add the filter for your taxonomy. See Screenshot

It should work perfectly after doing this 🙂
Thanks,
Shane

HI Shane,

Thank you so much for the great support.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.