Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Credit creates post instead of editing existing post

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
Credit creates post instead of editing existing post

Solution:
This issue is resolved with CRED 1.9.6.

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/credit-creates-post-instead-of-editing-existing-post/page/2/#post-628693

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 2 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 14 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Minesh vor 6 Jahre.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

I am trying to: Edit an existing post in a CPT.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
[See private area]

I expected to see:
CRED is in a loop and I expect it to edit the post found within the loop.

Instead, I got:
I have a cred edit form on a page (example: cred-edit). When I edit the post in the loop somehow the page cred-edit is removed from pages and placed as a POST! It also does not edit the Post in the CPT I wanted to edit in the first place.

Can you add a place to add links privately please

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As requested by you, I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Also, Could you please share step by step example of what is your exact needs so I can guide you in right direction. Few screenshots will be helpful to understand your issue.

Actually I just realized that edit user creates a post under posts! But at least it also edits the user.

Minesh
Supporter

Do you mean that User is successfully edited but additionally with this edit action a new post is also created?

That is correct, as crazy as it sounds 🙂 You can try it yourself by going to the profile I created for you on the front end My Account > Profile and update it. Your profile will be updated. Now go to Posts in wp-admin and you will see an uncategorized post with you as author.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I'm editing this profile after login.
=> hidden link

Once I update the profile successfully, I went back to wp-admin and check the default post type "post" as well as CPT bitai-transfers, I do not see any posts created now. Could you please confirm.

OR

Am I missed any step in order to reproduce your issue?

Ok, updating the user details isn’t all that important. What is important right now is what I sent you in the private area. That can easily be reproduced. If you can look at that which is actually why I opened this ticket it would be great. Thanks so much for your help.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I see in the CRED form setting within the section "After visitors submit this form:" you have set the option "Go to a Page" that means once you submit the CRED form it will redirect to the page you chose with this option.

So - what if you try to set option "Keep Displaying this form" and try to resolve your issue.

Sorry but that has nothing to do with the issue. The redirect is done on confirmation of the form being submitted. We are talking about posts being moved from a Custom Post Type to a regular post. A confirmation does not and should not do anything to the database. Not to mention that no it doesn’t actually do anything. I tried this weeks ago. Have you looked at the issue yet?

Minesh
Supporter

Sorry but that has nothing to do with the issue. The redirect is done on confirmation of the form being submitted. We are talking about posts being moved from a Custom Post Type to a regular post. A confirmation does not and should not do anything to the database. Not to mention that no it doesn’t actually do anything. I tried this weeks ago. Have you looked at the issue yet?
==> Well - I'm bit confuse. If you do not want to redirect to any page, why you set the option "Go to a Page"?
==> Also, with the following link:
--- hidden link
I'm changing the status to completed for 1st entry and the post ID of that entry is: 54194.

Now, once I change the status and I go to post type "post", I do not see the entry with ID 54194 switch back to "post" but it remains the part of post type "BITAI Transfers".

Do I misunderstand anything here? I'm not able to see what you are saying. For me the entry with ID 54194 for which I change the status belongs to post type "BITAI Transfers".

Yes I think you are missing the point entirely

> Well - I'm bit confuse. If you do not want to redirect to any page, why you set the option "Go to a Page"?

I never said I did not want to do that. I want the page to be redirected once the form updates the page. What I did say is that this is not the problem and not what this post is about. The redirections in cred work as confirmation. So I can redirect it to a thank you page or whatever, as in this case.

The problem I am facing is entirely unrelated. I am editing a Custom Post Type with cred on a page and when I do the entire page moves the CPT and the post I am editing remains unchanged. I don’t know how else I can explain it. This is happening at database level. It even happened to you but you did not notice.

The link above is evidence. That link with the form was originally a Page and after you tested it is now a child post in a CPT.

Minesh
Supporter

Doh - the thing is that I was checking in wrong place, as per my before understanding, after changing the status I was checking that the post for which I changed the status is moved to page but the original effect is actually the page where CRED form is added is moved to the CPT.

Let me reproduce this on my local test site and I'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - I'm able to reproduce this on my local test installation.

The culprit is when you have both CRED Edit user form and CRED Edit post form on same page the current page is moved to the CPT you are editing. I'm reporting this issue to next level.

Please hold on for further updates.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.