Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] CRED notifications stop working with W3 Total Cache

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created vor 8 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by mellisaB vor 8 Jahre, 11 Monate.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Artikel

I have a working CRED form that stops sending notifications when I activate the W3 Total Cache plugin.
Notifications work again when it's disabled. I have emptied the cache and reset the plugin but still won't send notifications. Is there anyone else who has seen this problem?
Are there cache settings that cause this? Or is it a bug?

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum and for providing the Debug Informations

I already answered you in the other ticket, I am not sure, does this other issue persist always or also only when W3TC is enabled?

I need to build up a specific test site for this one, being caching not enabled on my localhost.

To clarify, the issue mentioned her in this thread, does it happen as logged in user and logged out user too, or is there remarkable difference that you notice once being logged out and being logged in?

Is this notification being the same as the one you mention in the other thread?
Or a different one, using all default functionality of CRED?

Regarding caching and notifications, can you test if you receive default WordPress notifications when W3TC is on and running?
Being this as example notifications on new comments or whatever WordPress enables Email notifications.

It is possible that W3TC is completely blocking this, then we would need to handle this as a non-Toolset issue.

If this is only with CRED notifications, obviously we will start to debug this in depth.

I will, while I wait for your clarifications, start to build up a local test for this matter.

Please could you provide me the additional Infos?

Thank you

Yes, this is the same CRED form from my other ticket.
The only difference is notifications don't get sent with the W3 cache plugin active–
Default wordpress emails are being sent.
Test email sent from the CRED admin works.
When I am logged in as the admin or a user CRED form notifications are being sent.
When i am not logged in the from works, it creates the child post but no notification emails are sent.

When I disable the W3 plugin, notifications get sent from the form.

Thanks for the Details

Please try to fully disable caching for that specific page where your CRED Form is included and where from the Form is submitted.

This should help, as then all request coming from that page, being also the CRED Email Notification, should not be cached.

It is most certainly the only way to solve this, as CRED Notification in this case is something coming from the front-end, and being that page cached, it will stop the notification because <w3TC is "in the middle" of that process,
means the cache plugin stops the notification when being "sent" by CRED, before it can even reach anyone.

More info:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-w3-total-cache-disable-w3c-for-a-page-and-subpages
http://code.tutsplus.com/articles/configuring-w3-total-cache-advanced-page-cache-ii--cms-21159

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists
and let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply!

Thank you

W3 does not cache for logged in users so that's why notifications would work.

I removed the page from the page cache and the minify settings, I even set the JS for CRED to not minify but still no luck. I will take this issue to the W3 forums.

Thanks for the help.

Das Forum „Types Community Support“ ist für neue Themen und Antworten geschlossen.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.