Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] CRED forms throwing database error without form submission

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Nigel vor 5 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

On any page with a cred form, the following shows up in debugging:

WordPress database error: [Column 'post_content' cannot be null]
INSERT INTO `wp_posts` (`post_author`, `post_date`, `post_date_gmt`, `post_content`, `post_content_filtered`, `post_title`, `post_excerpt`, `post_status`, `post_type`, `comment_status`, `ping_status`, `post_password`, `post_name`, `to_ping`, `pinged`, `post_modified`, `post_modified_gmt`, `post_parent`, `menu_order`, `post_mime_type`, `guid`) VALUES (3, '2018-06-28 01:34:46', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, '', 'CRED Auto Draft cd19147e73dce1c52dbbde1f2ea328e2', '', 'auto-draft', 'inquiry', 'closed', 'closed', '', '', '', '', '2018-06-28 01:34:46', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, '', '') /* From [charmcat.net/contact/] in [/nas/content/live/charmcat/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/library/toolset/cred/embedded/common/functions.php:96] */

It shows up once per form on every page. No submit button has been clicked. It seems like it's trying to save an empty post to the database every time a cred form loads.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ashleigh

Toolset Forms save auto-drafts (much like WP in the back-end) so that if your form includes an image field, for example, where the image gets uploaded before the form is submitted, there is a post (albeit a draft) to attach the image to.

It looks like it is trying to create draft posts without post content.

I looked at your site and see that your forms contain neither a title nor post content.

I set up a similar form on a local test site to see if it generated the log errors, but it didn't.

I may need to take a copy of your site for testing, but I think you have some custom code on your site and I would first want to confirm that there isn't a conflict responsible for this.

Do you have a staging site for some simple testing?

Can you switch theme and disable all non-Toolset plugins and then re-visit your pages containing forms to see if the log contains further errors?

If not then it should be possible to identify the source of the issue by a process of elimination, re-activating your normal theme and other plugins.

Let me know what you find so I can see how to proceed.

The login information I provided should be for the staging site. There isn't a way for me to review it, but that's what I always send you guys!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

What did you find switching theme and disabling other plugins? Do you still get the debug errors?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.