Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] CRED Forms: Including Parent Post Title and Link

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 6 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 Antworten, has 4 Stimmen.

Last updated by markW-13 vor 7 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel
myscreenshot1.JPG

I have followed the instructions for pre-selecting the parent ID in a CRED form that is placed on a parent page.

To see this example you'll need to change your 'hosts' file (please ask me for the IP address - andy@blueprintpromo.co.uk) because I am using a 'dev' zone not available to those without the specific host IP. Or please see myscreenshot1.JPG:

hidden link

In the form in the right column just before "Request My Quote" there are two fields displayed:
[current_parent_id] - which has a value of 24815
and
<input name="_wpcf_belongs_product_id" value="[current_parent_id]">
which is displaying [current_parent_id] instead of the real value 24815

Is this a bug?

In a previous support post
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/child-form-with-pre-defined-parent/

- edit your child CRED form, replace the code
[cred_field field="_wpcf_belongs_my-parent_id" value=""]
with
<input type="hidden" name="_wpcf_belongs_my-parent_id" value="[current_parent_id]">

which is what I have done (removing the 'hidden' for the purpose of this test).

This problem is raised by user Tilt Sau but there is no solution posted and it looks like the [current_parent_id] is not being actioned?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The post you shared is too old. CRED offers you shortcode [cred_post_parent] to get the parent information on CRED child forms. For example:

[cred_post_parent get='id']    // to get parent post id
[cred_post_parent get='title']   // to get parent post title
[cred_post_parent get='url']    // to get parent post url

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-forms-for-child-content/
[Section: "Information about Parent Pages"]

Could you please try to use this shortcode and check if this help you to resolve your issue.

This did not work but I replaced [cred_post_parent get='id'] with [wpv-post-id]

<input name="_wpcf_belongs_product_id" value="[wpv-post-id]">

It seems that if the parent code that I want is the ID of the post being displayed and the CRED form is on that page, then this appears to work.

Can you see any problems with doing this?

Thanks

Query:
Can you see any problems with doing this?
(RE: Tony's post October 25, 2016 at 8:35 pm).

Minesh
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Are you using CRED child form?
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/child-form-with-pre-defined-parent/

If parent/child types relationship is set properly this should work.

1)
Can I have problem URL?

2)
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

To clarify, there is no current problem URL to direct you to. We're just looking for a little reassurance re Tony's post above (which is the solution we have in place now).

'This did not work but I replaced [cred_post_parent get='id'] with [wpv-post-id]

<input name="_wpcf_belongs_product_id" value="[wpv-post-id]">

It seems that if the parent code that I want is the ID of the post being displayed and the CRED form is on that page, then this appears to work.

Can you see any problems with doing this?'

Shane
Supporter

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Mark,

As Minesh is currently on vacation, I will be handling this ticket.

Yes this should work without any issues.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks very much. We'll post here if there are any further issues.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.