Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] SERIOUS CRED form submission did not actually save the post

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 4 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by ashleighP vor 7 Jahre, 3 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

I am trying to: Use CRED as my contact form. I have created a custom post type called inquiry and have a front end form that collects contact info and saves it as an inquiry post. The CRED form also sends out an email notification of the inquiry.

URL: charmcat.net/contact

I tested the form a few times before leaving it on the live site. But I discovered today that at least one inquiry never got saved. I have three pieces of evidence:
- two images that were uploaded to the contact form by a guest user, as an attachment to a post id that no longer exists.
- google analytics shows tracking for a user that visited the /contact/ page and several minutes later received a confirmation message /contact/?_tt=1480455396&_success=9011_1&_target=9498. The target, 9498, is the post id of the post that the two images were attached to.
- mailchimp successfully recorded her email (she had the sign up for email box checked)

But, post 9498 doesn't exist. Other than the images, I don't have any posts in my database that correspond.

There is no way for a visitor to delete their own inquiry. So I guess it never saved to the database.

And then, I just tested it again, and it worked for me. Saved to the database. Shows up in admin. Got the email notification.

I'm unable to get database logs for the time in question.

I've never had an issue like this before. I need to trust that my forms are going to work!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

First of all - after reviewing debug information you shared with me I found that you are using outdated Toolset plugins. We recently published new release for Toolset plugins.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please update All Toolset plugins to it's latest official release version. You can download All Toolset plugins from:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Please update me if your issue is resolved with plugin update.

I'm going to mark this resolved because I have been unable to recreate the problem.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.