Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Creating A Media Library View as a Dynamic Gallery

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 3 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Minesh vor 3 Jahre, 3 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

Hello.

I have assigned the built in WP Tags taxonomy to Media and have tagged a number of images in the Media Library with that taxonomy.

With that, I am trying to create a view that has Sorting/Search capabilities of just Media images using the Tags that have been assigned.

Basically, I am trying to create a slightly more robust Image Gallery using a View. When I go to create the view though, the only option I am seeing is Author Image, meaning it's not letting me pull in all images and then filter those image by Taxonomy.

Any thoughts. Is this even possible? Is there another/better way to approach this/?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes - I can see that when we select media as post type for view, it does not offer any taxonomy filter.

However I would like to try if we can add a view's hook to add a taxonomy filter on fly and for that I will require temporary access details for wp-admin.

In addition to that I will require to know what view you created and to what page you have added that view?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh, this sounds a bit more involved than we'd care to deal with. I appreciate the response/effort, but we'll most likely just use another plugin for media management/galleries that specifically does this type of task. Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Ok - feel free to close the ticket if you would like to try another plugin or let me know if you will require further assistance.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.