Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Content template built with Beaver Builder not used correctly

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
Full-sized image is displaying instead of resized image, when content template built with Beaver Builder.

Solution:
Please use correct shortcode for image field (see screenshot below for different sizes of image when inserting the image field), here is an example:

[types field='book-cover' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' size='medium' align='none' resize='proportional' separator=', '][/types] 

Screenshot: https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/570264-image_size.png?x65254

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 7 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by julienL-5 vor 6 Jahre, 7 Monate.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
Artikel
Post displayed.png
In layout, showing content template.png
In beaver builder editing content template.png

I am trying to: Design a content template for the CPT "Book" following these instructions: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/designing-content-templates-with-beaver-builder/

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the post formatted according to what I see in Beaver Builder, ie with a resized small image

Instead, I got: a full-sized image

I have attached 3 screenshots showing what I have in BB, in Layouts and displayed as the post

Many thanks!

Best,
- Julien

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

image size.png

Hi Julien,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You don’t need to use image tag, please use correct shortcode for image field (see attached screenshot for different sizes of image when inserting the image field), here is an example:

[types field='book-cover' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' size='medium' align='none' resize='proportional' separator=', '][/types]

Thank you

Hi guys, and many thanks for taking the time to assist me with this.

@christian-c: I tried that but the result is the same, ie the image is displayed at a much bigger size, though in this case it seems to be displayed at half the width, so it seems that the 2 columns are displayed at equal width, with the image scaling up to the full width of the first column.

@mo-n: Yes, many thanks for this workaround. However, I would like to know if Beaver Builder can be used to adjust the sizes of images in the BB editor, with them sticking when displayed as a content template. Otherwise, I just don't see any advantages in using BB and I would use the Layouts editor to just insert such image fields ????

I would be glad to have any other pointers on this, just let me know if you need any more information ????

Many thanks!

Best,
- Julien

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hello Julien,

There is some confusion because the shortcode that I have provided above can be used in BB editor as well and its something you are already using with incorrect syntax as I see in this screenshot:
https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/570233-In_layout_showing_content_template.png?x71388

BB editor is good for resizing static images -- means the images coming directly from WP media and insert as an image (photo1.jpg, photo2.png etc).

But in this case you want to use an Image returned by Views shortcode which already has sizing options in it, so it is preferred to use the sizing options of that shortcode. There is also a Custom size option. You can do all other kinds of things with BB editor, position, aligning, spacing of this image, etc. This is where the benefit of using BB.

I hope its clear now. Thank you

Hi Noman -

Many thanks for pointing out the difference between static images and dynamic ones, I didn't take it into consideration and that clears everything up 🙂

Best,
- Julien

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.