Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] confuse with assign to child layout

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Luo Yang vor 6 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel

I have menu bar..
ie. Home | our services | about us | pricing | contact us

These are all pages which calls out the views ie
Pricing [wpv-view name="pricing"]
Contact us [wpv-view name="contact-us"]

the site logo and menu is the parent layout

Im a bit confuse on to called out each pages on the chlid layout?
assign to content?
Does it mean that i have to create 5 child layout for each pages?
how to I set Home (Pages) [wpv-view name="home"] as my default child?

sorry im confuse.. please help
thank you

Dear kennethy,

It depends on your self, in most case, we setup a parent layout with logo + menu + a child layout cell,
setup different child layout for each post type, please check our document:
Using layout hierarchy for quick development
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/hierarchical-layouts/

Hi Luoy,

Do you have sample site for a parent layout with logo + menu + a child layout cell,
setup different child layout for each post type

Thank you

Here is the document about
Benefits of Using the Layouts Plugin for Designing Templates for Custom Post Types
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/benefits-of-templates-for-custom-types-layouts/

You can create multiple child layouts, assign each layouts to different post type, all of them are using same. parent layout.

Das Forum „Types Community Support“ ist für neue Themen und Antworten geschlossen.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.