Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Conflict with memberpress 3.1.51 – Prefers membership site build with toolset

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 2 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by henrikG vor 5 Jahre, 2 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

Hi.

I installed the latest update to memberpress (3.1.51) and it broke my site. Content templates was not rendered, and I got an error message saying that the view was going into an infinite loop and was cancelled.

I restored a backup of the site, and as a test the only thing I did after the restore, was to perform the memberpress update, and the site broke.

I think its a database issue, that breaks the relations in the database, because images are not shown on post / pages, and related custom types are not found by Views, and the content templates are not rendered.

I have not yet contacted memberpress support, but I will.

I have restored a backup once more, so the site is fine by now.

But I am seriously considering moving away from memberpress, and back to a custom membership solution, build with toolset, so I am waiting on an update of the announcement made by toolset, in august 2018.

This: https://toolset.com/2018/08/need-more-power-for-toolset-membership-sites/

How close are we to get an update of this, so I can move from memberpress to a toolset custom membership solution?

Cheers

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Henrik

I've asked for an update and will let you know.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Henrik

I'm afraid there isn't any progress to report. Subsequent to that blog post it was decided that there were other more important priorities for development, and the features described in that post are not currently timetabled for development.

They may be at some point in the future, or we may work on an alternative for an improved solution for membership sites, but at the moment it is not "on the table".

I'm sorry that I don't have better news for you.

If you have established that the latest Memberpress update has broken your site I suggest you start by speaking to their support about it (they will know what has changed in this version), and if you need to come back here with whatever details you can.

Hi Nigel

Well I am sorry to hear that, and perhaps you should create a follow up blog post to inform your users about your conclusion.

I will of course, get the issues fixed with memberpress. For now you know that there are issues, and other users may face the same troubles as I have.

Thank you for the update.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.