Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Concerns related to Toolset Maps

This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Alan vor 4 Jahre.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Artikel

Hi, my query concerns Toolset Maps and I seem to have two issues.
1) My search/filters includes the filter by distance shortcodes. When I visit the page in an incognito browser, the permissions box appears and I click Allow. But then instead of seeing the location filter, a placeholder text appears "Your location is needed to show this content".
2) When the map first appears it always seems to be centred on a region of Africa. Yet all of my locations are in Wales, in the UK.

When I click the "Reset (show all)" button on my search form, the location filter will appear, and the map correctly centres on the actual datapoints, but I think most visitors wouldn't know to try that (they'd just leave, thinking the site was broken)

The page is at:
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Alan,

Thank you for waiting.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that map markers are not showing on the first-page load, due to the "wpv-post-body" shortcode being used in the "marker_icon" attribute:
( screenshot: hidden link )

[wpv-post-body view_template="marker image"]

Adding suppress_filters="true" attribute to this shortcode removes extra filters from that content template's output and fixes the issue.
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body )

[wpv-post-body view_template="marker image" suppress_filters="true"]

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Perfect, thank you 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.