Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Cell does not stick

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 8 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by samuelel vor 5 Jahre, 8 Monate.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Artikel
Capture.JPG

Hi,
I am editing a Layout for a custom post type. The layout contains several cells. I would like to make a tab cell sticky, so that it stays in the same position while scrolling. The tab cell is has Class: tab_class_1.

Adding the following CSS code (Layout CSS and JS Editor) does not result in a sticky tab (i.e. the tab scrolls with the rest of the page):

.tab_class_1 {
  position: sticky;
  top: 0;
} 

How can I fix this?

The position:sticky CSS style requires an ancestor element with position:relative. Can you tell me if any ancestor elements of this cell use position:relative? If not, you must add one. I will need to see this in a browser to make CSS recommendations.

Hi Christian,

Here it is: hidden link. The website is running on my PC.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Samuele

Hi Christian,

This fixes the problem

.tab_class_1 {
    position: sticky;
    top: 0px;
 }

It works once you add 'top: 0px' (or whatever appropriate value).

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.