Skip Navigation

[Geschlossen] Category page not querying custom post types.

This support ticket is created vor 10 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Matthew vor 10 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assigned support staff: Mario.

Author
Artikel

I have several custom post types that share the default wordpress categories taxonomy. When I view a category page, however, there are no custom post types being queried, only "posts".

I've tested this in Twenty Eleven and Starkers.

Any Ideas?

Hi Matthew,

This is a normal behavior caused by WordPress - could you use a custom taxonomy?

Best,
Mario

Thanks Mario, I guess I'll do that.

Although I'm gonna want to ret rid of the redundant categories taxonomy. Any idea how to unregister the default categories taxonomy?

I think it might be a bit dangerous if you try to list posts or something, but you could try a similar approach: hidden link

Maybe there's no need to alter or replace the default category taxonomy if I add a custom query to category.php

I'm testing this: http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/27104/how-to-display-regular-posts-custom-post-types-that-fall-under-a-category-usin

Seem like a sound solution to you?

Das Thema „[Geschlossen] Category page not querying custom post types.“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.